Medicare Online Error 2030
|Additional information required. If Referral Period Code is set to N (Non Standard) then Referral Period must be supplied. Error located in Medical Event 01.|
|Further processing will be terminated.|
When does this error appear?
This error will appear when attempting to transmit a claim to Medicare.
What does this error mean?
You are trying to transmit a claim with a referral where either the patient's referring doctor is not set up properly in the Address Book, or the referral duration is set incorrectly in the patient's demographics window.
The below table explains the correlation between the referral duration and the referring doctor's specialty / category in their Address Book record.
|Referral Duration||Referring Doctor's Address Book Category|
|12||General Practitioner (GP)|
|99 (Indefinite)||General Practitioner (GP) OR Specialist|
|Anything else||General Practitioner (GP) OR Specialist|
How do I resolve this error?
- Locate the problem patient that you are trying to transmit. Open the patient's demographics window and check the current referral's duration.
- Highlight the referring doctor in the Referrals list and click the Address Book icon to open their address book record.
- Inspect the Category and Specialty drop-down fields. If these are blank or have been selected incorrectly, choose the correct options while keeping the table above in mind (e.g. if they are a GP they cannot have a 3-month referral).
- Click Save, then Save again to exit the address book record and patient's demographics.
- Try and transmit the claim again.