Medicare Online Error 2030
|Medical Event Date must not be before Patient Date of Birth. Error located in Medical Event 01.|
|Further processing will be terminated.|
When does this error appear?
This error will appear when attempting to create a new transmission in File > Maintenance and Reports > Daily > Bulk Bill/DVA Transmission.
What does this error mean?
The Service Date of an item being submitted is before a patient's date of birth.
How do I resolve this error?
- Find the problematic item. Upon closing out of the error, the problematic item should be highlighted in your transmission list.
- Double-click the item and confirm that the Service Date field is correct. If it is not correct, click Edit and adjust the service date, then click Save, If the service date is correct, there is a problem with the patient's date of birth.
- Navigate to Open > Patients, search for and highlight the patient, and then open their Demographics window.
- Ensure that the patient's date of birth is correct and is before the Service Date of the item. Click Save.
- Within the New Transmission window, click Create Transmission to attempt to transmit once again.
If you continue to have trouble submitting a claim, please submit a request to the support team.