The recommended microphone for dictation with Dragon Medical One (DMO) is the Nuance PowerMic. This microphone has many different customisable buttons to make your dictation fast and efficient. See Nuance's page on the PowerMic for a further explanation of the capabilities.
Overview of the PowerMic
- The microphone is at the top.
- The speaker is at the bottom.
- There is a track point that moves the mouse, with a left click and right click on either side.
- There is a trigger button on the back that acts as a left-click of the mouse.
- There are some default buttons on the microphone.
- Hold the mic in nondominant hand (i.e. not the hand you would usually use a mouse with).
- After turning the microphone on, pause slightly before speaking. Wait for the microphone icon on the DragonBar to turn green.
- Position the microphone 1-3 inches away from mouth.
- Press and Hold vs. On / Off.
You can customise the function of your buttons at any time by navigating to > Options > Microphone Buttons.