Use your mobile phone device as a microphone source with the Nuance PowerMic Mobile app for Dragon Medical One (DMO). The PowerMic Mobile app allows you to dictate easily from any location.
You most likely have completed the set up for your PowerMic Mobile configuration already, but if you haven't, these are the steps that need to be completed.
- Download the PowerMic Mobile App from the Apple Store or Google Play.
- Once downloaded, open the app and add a new profile. Copy and paste in the configuration link you would have previously received. Alternatively, you can click on the link from your phone and this will open the PowerMic Mobile app.
- Open Dragon Medical One on your workstation.
- On your phone, ensure the correct profile is selected, then enter in your username to log in.
- Assuming you have Dragon Medical One up and running on your computer, pairing will automatically occur between the app and your workstation.
- Once pairing has been complete, the microphone icon on your workstation will change from an orange to a red smartphone. When dictating, this will turn green.
If you are having problems pairing your device or logging in, see our article on pairing issues.
Once you have PowerMic Mobile set up on your device and you have chosen the correct microphone on your workstation, you can begin dictating using your mobile phone. Below is an overview of the different buttons available within the PowerMic Mobile app and how you can use them to efficiently dictate.
|Left: Show / hide the Dictation Box on your workstation.
Right: Transfer text from the Dictation Box to your text application.
|Use this button to start / stop dictating.|
|Left: Previous field
Right: Next field
To configure different functions for these buttons, navigate to > Options > Microphone Buttons.
- Always launch DMO before launching the PowerMic Mobile app from your smartphone
- From the DMO splash screen, click the drop-down under Microphone and change the microphone to Nuance PowerMic Mobile. Alternatively, navigate to > Microphone and choose PowerMic Mobile here.
- The microphone icon on the DragonBar will turn into a smartphone icon with an orange background
- PowerMic Mobile must be paired with a workstation before you can dictate.