For most sites in WA invoicing to Workcover, your consult fees will use the Workcover Fee Schedule, but your Procedural items use the AMA Fee Schedule. The following article outlines the configuration of these fees in Genie.
Before you begin
- The steps below are appropriate for most WA sites. However, if your site has an agreement with WorkCover WA you may be charging different fees. Before proceeding with the steps below, ensure that you have confirmed with WorkCover WA if these fees are right for your practice. If you do have an agreement with Workcover, your fees will need to be added in manually as per the Workcover WA Agreement section.
- If you're wanting a bit more information on how Workcover Fees work for WA practices, please refer to the Workcover WA page
- Please note: It is essential that the steps below are run in the correct order to ensure the Workcover fees overwrite the AMA fees for consults.
Before making any changes relating to the Workcover Fee Schedule, you will need to ensure that the AMA Fee Schedule has been imported into Genie. To import this schedule you will need to log into your AMA account on the AMA Website and download the Fee Schedule in CSV format. You will then need to import this fee schedule into Genie using the instructions in the Importing the AMA Fee Schedule section of Updating Fee Schedules.
Once you have imported for AMA Fee Schedule you will need to increase your fees. To do this:
1. Navigate to Open> Billing Items
2. Cancel out of the Search box and select View All
3. Select Increase Fees at the top
4. You will be presented with an Increase Fees window where you can apply the settings for the increase. You will need to select to Increase the fee for: Workcover. Choose To a Percentage Above and leave this as 0%. Select the AMA Fees option and enter your chosen rounding amount into Round to the nearest X cents. The window should look like this:
Select OK and the Increase Fees will run through.
Once the Increase Fees has completed you can close out of the Billing Items window.
You will then need to download the WA WorkCover Fee Schedule. To do this:
- Navigate to Special> Software Updates> Fee Schedules
- Select the Workcover option and click Install. Allow this to run through.
If you have an Agreement with WorkCover WA, then you will need to manually input your fees into Genie. To do this:
- Navigate to Open> Billing Items and locate your first item.
- Double click to open the Item profile and locate the Workcover option under the Type/ Fee table on the right hand side.
- Slow double click in the Fee column next to the Workcover option. This will allow you to enter in the fee you wish to charge.
- Select Save and Genie will apply this fee to the item when added to invoices in the future.
If you think somebody else would appreciate reading this article feel free to email them a link.