Genie knows that you have more important things to do than fiddle around with the templates for your GP Management Plans. To make this process as quick and easy as possible, you can use the two GP Management Plan options from the Tools menu within your patient’s Clinical Window.
Before you begin
- The in-built GP Management Plan options are only available to practices that have their Practice Type set to General Practice.
- Within Genie you have the option to use our existing GP Management Plans, which can be downloaded from Special > Software Updates > Letters. Simply put a tick in the box to the right of the option you would like to download and then select Import.
To begin, open the relevant patient’s Clinical Window. Select Tools > GP Management Plans and you will be presented with the below window. This will show the existing plans for the patient that you can edit as well as allow you to create new ones.
- Selecting New will allow you to create a new management plan for the patient. Select the Template you wish to use from the Templates drop down menu.
- To edit an existing template, please ensure that once selecting the template you click the Edit Template button.
- If you would like to edit an existing management plan for a patient, select it in the GP Management Plan History and select Modify.
To create your own custom plan, open the patient's clinical window and navigate to Tools > GP Management Plan. Select New and, when you are prompted with the template window, simply select New Template from the Template drop down menu. You will then be presented with a blank template.
Within this blank template you can manually type in information that will not change between patients. This may be section titles, patient agreements, or other general information.
You also have the option of using Fields and Expressions, which can be used to pull in information such as patient name, address, contact details, current problems, medications and past history.
Genie also gives you the option to create an old style Care Plan by going to Tools > Add Care Plan (Old Method)*. These can then accessed via the Care Plans tab in the Clinical Window Contact list.
- Use the Select Item drop down menu to choose the type of plan. This will then auto-allocate an item number to the Item No box.
- The Health Problem boxes will populate from the Current Problems listed in the patient's clinical window and the Contributing Providers will contain the referring doctor for the patient as listed in their Demographics window, and any Interested Parties. You can also add in additional providers by selecting the blue plus icon and searching your Address Book.
- The Current Status, Health Goals/Targets, Treatment, services and Providers boxes can all be entered manually.
- Once you have filled in all details appropriate for your patient's plan, you can then choose to print. You have the option to print the Plan Authority or just the plan at the bottom of the screen. Selecting Save will save a copy of the plan to the patient record.
*Please note that these have now been replaced by GP Management Plans.
If you think somebody else would appreciate reading this article feel free to email them a link.