As of August 2018, BUPA requires any claim received by them to contain the Facility ID of the site the service was performed at. While claims sent through ECLIPSE will automatically include this Facility ID if it is listed in the Practice Sites tab, ordinary invoices will not.
For general information on the BUPA Medical Gap Scheme, please refer to the BUPA guide.
Before you begin
You will first need to gather the Facility IDs for each of your sites of service. These can be obtained by phoning the site of service, or locating the ID from the Department of Health webpage.
Genie gives you the option to add in your Facility IDs using the Invoice Memo function. To add in an Invoice Memo, please follow the below steps:
- Go to File > Practice Preferences and select your practice. At the bottom right corner of the Miscellaneous tab you will see a drop down option for Invoice Memos.
- Open the drop down menu and select Add. You will be presented with the following window:
- In this Invoice Memo window, you can enter the name of your new template and the details to include. Make sure to enter the Practice Site and Facility ID into the memo section.
- You will need to repeat this for each service site your doctors practice at.
- Once you have your Invoice Memos set up you will need to add them into your invoice at the time of invoicing. To do this, simply open your new invoice window and select the Invoice Memo drop down from the bottom left corner. You can then select the invoice memo you would like to include.
Please Note: when using this method, you will need to ensure all existing invoices/claims have been transmitted prior to editing the practice site. If there are any existing claims that have not been sent when the practice site is edited, you will receive the below message when trying to send these:
If you select 'Re-create Site' you will create a second instance of that practice site in the doctor's user preferences, which will become confusing when billing this site in the future. Clicking 'Ignore Sales' will remove any sales with that previous site from the batch.
Additionally, if you attempt to edit an existing invoice after editing the practice site, you will receive the below message. The previous site will also have an asterisk against it in the Site of Service menu of the invoice:
To proceed with adding in your Facility ID to your manual invoices using your Practice Sites tab, please follow the below steps.
- Navigate to File > All User Preferences and select your doctor. In the Practice Sites tab you will find a table that includes all the practice sites you have previously added in. If you need to add in any practice sites, simply select the blue plus icon at the top of the window.
- Double click on your existing Practice Site and you will be presented with the following window:
- You will notice that there is an existing Facility ID box. Information added into this box will be transmitted if you are sending your claims via ECLIPSE. However, this information will not be shown on a standard invoice as it was not previously necessary. Instead, please enter the Facility ID in the Place box before after the site name. This will ensure the Facility ID is included when you select your site of service at the time of invoicing.
- You will need to enter this information in for each practice site for each of your doctors.