If you ever send off manual invoices to certain funds or organisations, you may be required to print the hospital's facility ID on your printed invoices.
When running Genie v9.4.1 or above, facility IDs will print automatically on your invoices if you have the Print Facility IDs on Invoices preference ticked in File > Practice Preferences. This preference will be ticked by default upon updating.
This article will walk through how to add the facility ID to invoices in Genie v9.3.9 and below.
Before you begin
To locate a facility ID for a hospital you practice at, visit the Department of Health webpage and download the Excel spreadsheet at the bottom of the page.
Once you have the facility ID, navigate to File > User Preferences > Practice Sites, double-click on your site of service and enter the facility ID against the hospital. If you are not the doctor, you will need to go to File > All User Preferences.
Genie gives you the option to add in your Facility IDs using the Invoice Memo function. To add in an Invoice Memo, please follow the below steps:
- Go to File > Practice Preferences and select your practice. At the bottom right corner of the Miscellaneous tab you will see a drop-down option for Invoice Memos.
- Open the drop down menu and select Add. You will be presented with the following window:
- In this Invoice Memo window, you can enter the name of your new template and the details to include. Make sure to enter the Practice Site and Facility ID into the memo section.
- You will need to repeat this for each service site your doctors practice at.
- Once you have your Invoice Memos set up you will need to add them into your invoice at the time of invoicing. To do this, simply open your new invoice window and select the Invoice Memo drop down from the bottom left corner. You can then select the invoice memo you would like to include.
Please Note: When using this method, you will need to ensure all existing invoices/claims have been transmitted prior to editing the practice site. If there are any existing claims that have not been sent when the practice site is edited, you will receive the below message when trying to send these:
If you select 'Re-create Site' you will create a second instance of that practice site in the doctor's user preferences, which will become confusing when billing this site in the future. Clicking 'Ignore Sales' will remove any sales with that previous site from the batch.
Additionally, if you attempt to edit an existing invoice after editing the practice site, you will receive the below message. The previous site will also have an asterisk against it in the Site of Service menu of the invoice:
To proceed with adding in your Facility ID to your manual invoices using your Practice Sites tab, please follow the below steps.
- Navigate to File > All User Preferences and select your doctor. In the Practice Sites tab you will find a table that includes all the practice sites you have previously added in. If you need to add in any practice sites, simply select the blue plus icon at the top of the window.
- Double click on your existing Practice Site and you will be presented with the following window:
- You will notice that there is an existing Facility ID box. Information added into this box will be transmitted if you are sending your claims via ECLIPSE. However, this information will not be shown on a standard invoice as it was not previously necessary. Instead, please enter the Facility ID in the Place box before or after the site name. This will ensure the Facility ID is included when you select your site of service at the time of invoicing.
- You will need to enter this information in for each practice site for each of your doctors.