If you’ve ever found yourself scrolling, scrolling, scrolling through a myriad of letter templates trying to find the particular one you need you have probably found yourself wishing there was a way to get rid of those templates you no longer use and are cluttering the list. This article is just the article for you – it will step you through deleting both referral/reply and merged letter templates so your list can become workable once more.
Before you begin
- It is recommended that you speak with all users and confirm what templates can be deleted and what letter templates will need to stay.
- Take a backup! Once a template has been deleted the only way to retrieve it would be to restore a backup. Needless to say if you don’t have a backup then there really is no coming back from an accidental deletion! For further information about backups refer to this article.
- Save the template to a folder on your machine. You can do this by:
- Opening the letter template via either the or icons.
- Navigating to the small File menu just above the body of the letter template
- Selecting Save As and then saving the Letter Template
In order to delete a referral/reply letter complete the below instructions:
- Open the Referral Reply Letter window by clicking on the icon from the appointment book
- Select the Template drop-down menu (to the right of the icons in the top left corner) and select the template you wish to delete
- Select the Edit Template button located in the top right corner of the window
- Select the Delete button located at the top of the window
- Select Delete in the prompt that appears
This should have now deleted the template from the drop-down menu.
In order to delete a merged letter or custom form template complete the below instructions:
- Click on the icon from the appointment book
- Select the letter template you wish to delete
- Select the Delete Item button located on the right-hand side of the window
- Select OK to the prompt asking you to confirm whether you wish to delete the selected letter template
The Merged and Custom Letter template should now have been deleted from your Genie Database.
If you think somebody else would appreciate reading this article feel free to email them a link.