With all the patients that come in and out of your clinic every day, it is sometimes nice to have a brief reminder of which patient is which before you welcome them in for their consult. Genie offers the option for a patient mugshot to pop up when opening the clinical or demographics windows, so you can easily pick your patient out of the waiting room.
Before you begin
If you would like for patient mugshots to appear when you open the demographics or clinical window, ensure that you first have ‘Display patient Mugshots’ option ticked under File > User Preferences.
- Open the patient’s clinical window by either searching for the patient in Open > Patients and double click on their name, or select the patient in the Appointment Book and click the stethoscope icon.
- Select the image browser icon from the top bar of the clinical window. You will then be prompted with the image browser window that looks like this:
- Select the blue plus icon in the very top corner of the image browser window, above the patient name.
- You will then be prompted with a browser window where you can navigate to the image you would like to show as the patient’s mugshot.
- Once this has been added, select the image in the list on the left to highlight it, and then select the icon.
- When the Info window appears, please select the Type drop down menu and choose Mug Shot. Select OK.
- Close out of the Image Browser window and select Save on the Clinical Window.
The next time you open the patients Demographics or Clinical Window, you will receive a pop up displaying the patient’s mugshot.
If you think somebody else would appreciate reading this article feel free to email them a link.