In this article
If you would like your patients and billed organisations to pay their invoices through BPAY, you can configure this within your Genie. The BPAY biller details will then appear in the remittance advice on your printed invoices.
- You must be on Genie v9.0.5 or above. If you are on an earlier version of Genie you will need to update.
- You must be registered to use BPAY with your financial institution. Your financial institution will issue you a BPAY biller code.
The Check Digit Routine that Genie uses is Mod 10 Version 1. This will need to be supplied to your financial institution during the registration process.
Your financial institution may also ask how long they can set the biller code. Genie has a character limit of 10 characters for the biller code.
Genie does not support Master Biller Arrangements through BPAY.
- Navigate to File > Practice Preferences and double-click on the relevant clinic.
- Go to the Miscellaneous tab, then in the Invoicing section on the right, ensure Print Remittance Advice and Accept BPAY are ticked.
- Click Save.
- When you receive the following prompt, click Open Bank Accounts. Alternatively, navigate to Open > Bank Accounts.
- Double-click on the relevant bank account and enter the BPAY Biller Code. Tick Credit Cards Accepted if applicable.
- Click Save and repeat for any other relevant bank accounts.
- If you have multiple practices set up, repeat these steps for each practice in File > Practice Preferences if required.
A Customer Reference Number (CRN) will be allocated to every account holder record in Genie (Open > Account Holders). The CRN is a unique number allocated to all account holders that can be used to pay outstanding accounts.
During the BPAY registration process, your financial institution may require you to provide examples of CRNs. You can locate sample account holder's BPAY CRN by navigating to Open > Account Holders, clicking View All and double-clicking on an account holder record.
Within each record, there will be an Accept Payments via BPAY checkbox as well as the account holder's BPAY CRN.
The Accept Payments via BPAY checkbox will be automatically ticked for all individual account holders (i.e. patients) and unticked for organisations, however, can be adjusted at any time.
If your financial institution requests a sample invoice showing the BPAY details in the remittance advice, you can generate a sample invoice via a patient's account holder window.
- Navigate to Open > Account Holders.
- Search for a patient and double-click to open their record.
- Click the Print Sample BPAY Invoice button.
- Click Yes or No to the following alert depending on your agreement with the financial institution.