You can create a bulk bill (Medicare) or DVA (Department of Veterans' Affairs) invoice for a patient from either the appointment book (Open > Appointments) or the patient list (Open > Patients).
- Search for your patient in the appointment book or the patient list.
- Highlight the patient and click the invoice button or Ctrl / Cmd + I to open the new invoice window.
- Change the account type in the top-left to either Bulk Bill or DVA.
- Use the button to add the relevant MBS items to your invoice. In the resultant window, type the item number and press the Tab key or click out of the field to populate the item description and fee.
If the provider has specified any items to charge, these will be displayed in the Item/s to Charge box. Clicking Add Item to Invoice will automatically add these items.
- When adding each item, apply any Medicare Online Overrides if applicable.
- Add any relevant service text in the Note field and ensure the Service Date and Time are correct.
- If you are invoicing multiple items, ensure that either the Multiple Item Rule (MPR) or the Diagnostic Imaging Multiple Service Rule (DIMSR) is applied using the buttons on the right.
- If you are billing for an assistant or as an assistant, follow the steps in our Assistant Invoicing guide.
- Before saving, double-check the invoice to ensure all details are correct, including the Referring Doctor, Practice Name, and Site of Service drop-downs in the main invoice window.
- Click Save or Print.
The button will show Save or Print depending on if the "DVA Claims" / "Medicare DB4" checkbox is ticked in File > Printing Preferences.