Medicare Online 401
|Failed to send data to Medicare Online|
|Received HTTP status 401 - Unauthorised.|
|This incoming token has expired|
When does this error appear?
This error will appear when attempting to perform any Medicare Online functionality - i.e. Online Patient Verification (OPV), or raising bulk bill, ECLIPSE or patient claims.
What does this error mean?
The cloud adapter is either not running, or is online but not syncing properly. The cloud adapter retrieves incoming authentication "tokens" every hour, which allow you to transmit to Medicare Web Services. If the cloud adapter has gone offline recently and not had a chance to refresh these tokens, you will not be able to communicate with Medicare.
The cloud adapter must be restarted in order to generate new tokens and allow you to continue claiming as normal.
How do I resolve this error?
- Restart the Cloud Adapter by navigating to File > Cloud Adapter > Restart, then attempt to perform the action that produced the error once again (e.g. transmit a claim).
- If you are still receiving this error or a similar error, please navigate to Special > Update Genie Registration.
- If this produces a "Locked process alert", take note of the user listed in the alert and have them log out and back into Genie,.
- Once the user has logged back in, attempt to use Medicare Online again. If the error persists, restart the Genie Server application as soon as practical.
Note: All users are logged out of Genie when the server application is restarted so this should not be done without everyone at the practice being made aware.
- Submit a request to our support team if the error is still occurring after restarting Genie Server.