We have identified an issue in Genie 9.4.6 18 February 2022 that may be affecting your DVA payment reports. We have since released a new version 9.4.7 9 March 2022 to fix this bug. It is recommended that you update to this version at your earliest convenience.
Genie Version 9.4.6, 18 February 2022 is now available for download. Use our updating guide to upgrade your Genie software.
Major changes in this version include:
- Genie is now connected to Medicare Web Services.
- Claim validation has now been updated to support Medicare Web Services.
- Users are prompted to perform an Online Patient Verification (OPV) upon log in to activate their practice for Medicare Online claiming functionality.
- Patient claims can now be put in a 'held' state, replacing batching functionality.
- Held patient claims can be transmitted individually to Medicare.
- References to HIC Online in the Genie user interface have been updated to Medicare Online.
- Users can now manually restart the Genie Cloud Adapter (used to run Advanced Extras and Medicare Web Services) from their Client application.
- Genie Cloud Adapter status is now detected in the background loop.
- Genie will attempt to start the Cloud Adapter automatically if it is not running.
- A task is generated for the Administrator user if the background loop cannot start the Cloud Adapter.
- Genie Solo (Single User) users now have access to Medicare Web Services through the Genie Cloud Adapter.
- Genie Web Server and Cloud Adapter are stopped when Offsite Logging is enabled in Genie Solo.
- Removed Pathology radio button from IMC Claims.
- Fixed bug where Custom Forms were not being saved to the database when printing from the Form window.
- Fixed bug where error appeared upon cancelling the Request ECLIPSE Reports window.
- Fixed bug to ensure PEM certificates are maintained when updating.
- Use of the software is governed by and subject to the Genie Solutions Master Service Agreement or Customer Service Level Agreement (the Service Agreement), as provided to you prior to your installation of Genie. The following additional terms apply to users of Genie 9.3.6 and subsequent Genie versions, and by continuing to use Genie 9.4.6 you acknowledge and agree to the following additional terms:
- You own the data that you transmit through or upload to Genie 9.4.6, are solely responsible for its accuracy, legality and quality, and warrant that you have obtained any necessary consents to provide such data to Genie Solutions in order for Genie Solutions to provide Genie 9.4.6 to you; and
- In order to provide Genie 9.4.6 to you, Genie Solutions may be required to collect and use your data (which may contain Personal Information, including Sensitive Information and Health Information, as defined in the Privacy Act 1988), for the purposes of the transfer, storage and processing of such data on Genie Solutions' secure Australian cloud based platform; and you hereby consent to the transfer, storage and processing of such data on Genie Solutions' secure Australian based cloud service platform for the purpose of providing Genie 9.4.6 to you.
For more details on changes in previous versions, please consult our Revision History.
This update is available from the "Special" Menu within Genie and at our Downloads page from Monday, 21 February 2022.