Our Genie practice management software has and will continue to evolve over time to keep pace with an ever-changing medical industry. We have developed the Genie Cloud Adapter to operate concurrently with your Genie software and connect you to our platform API (application programming interface). This then allows you to connect with a variety of online tools to help medical professionals deliver better health outcomes and drive higher practice efficiency.
What does 'cloud adapter' actually mean?
|software and services that are available through the internet instead of locally on your machine.||a device for connecting different pieces of software - your Genie application and the Genie Solutions platform service.|
- The cloud adapter is an external background process that runs concurrently with Genie on your server machine.
- This adapter connects all processes of Genie to our Genie Solutions cloud service, enabling our team to best support your practice and improve our products.
- The cloud adapter synchronises resources (patients, practices, providers, appointments, etc.) between your Genie application and our cloud service.
What does the cloud adapter do?
While the cloud adapter is responsible for syncing resources from your Genie application through to our cloud platform, it is also in charge of running many interconnected services with Genie including:
- Medicare Web Services*
- Online Patient Registration
- Specialist Bookings powered by HotDoc
- Patient Payments powered by EziDebit
* The cloud adapter itself does not transmit claims to Medicare through Medicare Web Services, however, if the adapter is not running it will not be able to retrieve the appropriate authentication tokens required for Medicare and the transmission will fail. If the cloud adapter is running as expected, it will retrieve new tokens every hour, ensuring no interruption to your normal claiming workflow.