HIC Online Error 7040
|AcceptedDisabilityText is missing.|
|Authorising content failed.|
|Further HIC Online processing will be terminated.|
When does this error appear?
You may receive this error when attempting to create a new transmission through File > Maintenance and Reports > Daily > Bulk Bill/DVA Transmission.
What does this error mean?
There is a patient within the New Transmission window that is listed as a DVA white card holder, however, they do not have anything entered in the DVA Disability field in their demographics.
DVA white card holders require a disability to be entered within their demographics in order to transmit through to the Department of Veterans' Affairs.
How do I resolve this error?
- Locate the patient within the New Transmission window (if you cannot immediately find the patient, see the section below), then navigate to their demographics window.
- Enter the patient's disability into the DVA Disability field.
If you are unsure of the disability you can enter "Unknown" here, otherwise please consult the patient.
- Save out of the demographics window, then attempt to retransmit the claim once again.
Locate the patient
If there are many patients in the New Transmission window and you are unsure which patient is causing the error, you will need to perform trial and error to pinpoint the relevant patient.
- Highlight multiple items (not the entire list) in the New Transmission window using the Shift or Ctrl/Cmd keys on your keyboard.
- Click the button.
- Click Transmit.
- If the error appears when transmitting this smaller batch, the problem patient lies within this list. If the error does not appear, repeat these steps until you are left with a batch where the error does appear, then resolve the error as outlined above.