We have identified a bug within Genie version 9.4.3 23 September 2021 with the communication between eRx and Genie when prescribing medications. We have since released a new version resolving this bug, Genie Version 9.4.4 25 October 2021 that is now available for download. Fur further information about this release please see the corresponding release notes article.
Genie Version 9.4.3 23 September 2021 is temporarily unavailable for download. We have identified an issue with the communication between eRx and Genie that we are currently investigating.
Genie Version 9.4.3 dated 23 September 2021 is now available for download.
The below includes an overview of changes published in the following versions:
- Genie 9.4.1 (early adopter release)
- Genie 9.4.2 (bugs identified)
- Genie 9.4.3
Genie 9.4.1 was available only to a select group of early adopter customers and 9.4.2 contained a bug that we swiftly identified and have since resolved. The features from these releases are included in this article for visibility purposes.
Please read through the release notes carefully to ensure you fully understand the changes that will occur once you update your Genie software to the latest version. Each feature or bug fix has been indicated with a release number (9.4.1, 9.4.2 and 9.4.3) and as always, 64-bit progress upgrades and customer feedback that we have implemented are indicated with their appropriate icons.
Major changes in this version include:
- Additional analytics have been added to the following areas of Genie to help us determine highly used features:
- Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) workflows
- GenieWeb module
- IVF module
- You can now search for patients with dual surnames (e.g. Van Damme) in the appointment book, speeding up your booking workflows.
- You can now include the Facility ID on your printed invoices for a private account with the ability to enable and disable this option in your Practice Preferences.
- You can now track additional items in the CDM summary.
- The servicing provider's AHPRA registration number now appears on invoices if recorded.
- Archived letters are now saved in PDF format to take advantage of PDF portability and compatibility attributes.
- Retrieving archived correspondence is more efficient with a robust error handling and informing mechanism.
- All archived letters have the text 'Archived' in the status to provide more visibility to users.
- You can view archived letters from Clinical, Outgoing Letters, GP Management Plan History, Correspondence Log and Today's Consultancy window.
- Dermatology Forms category has been added so that dermatologists can now use custom forms.
- Dermatologists can now see updated dermatology forms in the drop-down or both PASI Face, Hands, Feet and PASI Whole Body.
- Upon updating, all current dermatology PBS forms will begin downloading when the first user opens the dermatology module.
- Dermatologists can now download forms via Software Updates.
- Dermatology tables are now available in the Fields tab of the custom forms window, enabling dermatologists to create and customise forms.
- Updated Genie software to support more than 99 user licenses.
- Removed patient name from appearing in My Health Record log files.
- Current Genie / My Health Record integration is updated to enable the uploading of specialist (red quill) letters and enhance the way documents are viewed.
- You can now upload your letters to a patient's My Health Record within your existing correspondence workflow with no additional steps.
- Option available for letters and prescription data to not be uploaded to a patient's My Health Record should they choose.
- New IHI and HPI-I verification fields have been added to patient demographics and user preferences, respectively.
- User interface has been improved, with updated custom form templates automatically downloaded when the first user opens the pathology request window after updating.
- You can now add or customise forms using the blue plus and pencil icons in the pathology request window.
- When opening a new request, the Pregnant radio button is automatically set to true if the patient is known to be pregnant.
- Lesion fields can now be added as needed while creating or editing a pathology request form.
- Picture from Library expression is available for pathology templates so that users can add additional images to their requests.
- Load Site expression is available for pathology templates so that users can now choose the correct provider number when printing the request.
- The patient's full name is now added at the top of the pathology request window to reduce confusion if multiple request windows are concurrently open.
- New Radiologist table added to custom forms for radiology request templates.
- Picture from Library expression now available for radiology templates so that users can add additional images to their requests.
- Load Site expression is now available for radiology templates so that users can choose the correct provider number when printing the request.
- We have removed the colour coding feature that indicated Status and Inactive, and have added Status and Inactive columns in the Recalls list for improved performance.
- Default filter in the Recalls list has been updated to accurately reflect recalls overdue/due in 30 days.
- Merged Letter button now only loads a letter for the record/s highlighted, not the entire Recalls list.
- Bulk SMS button now triggers a bulk SMS for only the record/s highlighted, not the entire Recalls list.
- Fixed bug in the Investigation Audit where the Test field would move up the window if the practice preference was listed as outside Australia.
- Fixed bug where the Address Book button in the Referral Report would not load the expected records in the resultant Address Book window.
- Fixed bug where bolded fields within a custom form were moving after printing.
- Fixed bug where creating a radiology or pathology request after deleting a pregnancy record would still create an Antenatal record.
- Fixed bug where creating a radiology or pathology request would remove text from the patient's Social / Family History or Scratchpad.
- Fixed bug where Genie was passing incorrect pathology and radiology report dates to HealthLink Smart Forms.
- Fixed bug where the incorrect active ingredient was showing for certain drugs.
- Fixed bug where the incorrect brand name was printing for certain drugs.
- Fixed bug where you could not choose the product name for certain drugs when printing.
- Fixed bug where incorrect state WorkCover certificates were printing depending on the state listed in practice preferences.
- Fixed bug where printing preferences were not remembering printer redirections in new remote sessions.
- Fixed bug where removing a test from a pathology request would remove all text from the Reason field.
- Fixed bug where a runtime error would occur when sorting columns of a patient's Script Archive.
- Fixed bug where the 'Open Letter' button in the Correspondence Log would not function for unlinked, incoming letters.
- Fixed bug where the 'Ask for Print Settings' checkbox in printing preferences was not being respected for radiology requests.
- Fixed bug where the Ctrl/Cmd + P shortcut in the radiology request window was not printing using the new custom forms method.
- Fixed bug where the current user was not reflected at the top of the Address Book if the window was open when changing users.
- Fixed bug where the mouse focus in the Authority Approval window was changed to a different field.
- Fixed bug where the Prescriber No section in the Authority Approval window was not left-aligned.
- Fixed bug where the quantity of a prescription was not being saved when updated from the clinical window.
- Fixed bug where users could bypass the login window when using the logout timer preference.
- Fixed bug where results were not rendering correctly if less than / greater than symbols were present in the message.
- Fixed bug where outgoing letters were being incorrectly marked as sent from Genie even if no file was created.
- Fixed bug where practices were unable to use newly issued NASH certificates to access existing My Health Record functionality.
- Fixed bug where data was not being saved in the Dose, Frequency, Instructions, or Reason fields of a new prescription record when using the numpad enter key with the mouse focus in any of these fields.
- Fixed bug where persisting My Health Record worker processes could cause a memory leak.
- Fixed bug where practices were incorrectly receiving a "My Health Record not configured" error when not configured to access My Health Record through the Contracted Service Provider (CSP) method.
- Fixed bug where the printing preferences were not always respected when printing from the Contact List preview panel.
- Fixed bug where requested pathology tests failed to wrap on one line in new custom pathology forms.
- Fixed bug which caused images to be replaced with image tags when using the 'Save Record' icon in a Referral/Reply letter.
- Fixed bug where the Navigation Palette was not updating correctly in some circumstances.
- Fixed bug where the Tasks tab in the Navigation Palette was updating every 20 minutes instead of every 30 seconds.
- Use of the software is governed by and subject to the Genie Solutions Master Service Agreement or Customer Service Level Agreement (the Service Agreement), as provided to you prior to your installation of Genie. The following additional terms apply to users of Genie 9.3.6 and subsequent Genie versions, and by continuing to use Genie 9.4.3 you acknowledge and agree to the following additional terms:
- You own the data that you transmit through or upload to Genie 9.4.3, are solely responsible for its accuracy, legality and quality, and warrant that you have obtained any necessary consents to provide such data to Genie Solutions in order for Genie Solutions to provide Genie 9.4.3 to you; and
- In order to provide Genie 9.4.3 to you, Genie Solutions may be required to collect and use your data (which may contain Personal Information, including Sensitive Information and Health Information, as defined in the Privacy Act 1988), for the purposes of the transfer, storage and processing of such data on Genie Solutions' secure Australian cloud based platform; and you hereby consent to the transfer, storage and processing of such data on Genie Solutions' secure Australian based cloud service platform for the purpose of providing Genie 9.4.3 to you.
For more details on changes in previous versions, please consult our Revision History.
This update is available from the "Special" Menu within Genie and at our Downloads page from Thursday, 23 September 2021.