In this article
Auto-texts are standard blocks of text that you can easily insert into a document with a short voice command within Dragon Medical One (DMO). Creating and using auto-texts will reduce the time you need to record and improve the efficiency and consistency of your documentation.
For security reasons, auto-texts should not contain sensitive information such as usernames and passwords.
- Say "Manage auto texts" or navigate to > Manage Auto-texts...
- Click the + button in the top-left and enter the Name, Description (optional), Spoken form and Content.
More details about these fields are listed below.
- Click Apply All.
If you would like to add a new auto-text during dictation, simply highlight the words (e.g. say "select [TEXT] through [TEXT]") and say "make that an auto-text".
|Name||The name of your auto-text. The spoken form will also default to this field unless otherwise modified.|
|Description||Optional field to enter a description as to what the auto-text contains.|
|Spoken form||If how the auto-text is written is different than how it is pronounced, change the Spoken form to reflect the pronunciation. Do not use:
|Content||The content you wish to display when you insert your auto-text. This can be simply plain text, or you can add fields where you are able to enter specific text depending on the patient or situation. To add a field, enter [ ] in the appropriate place, then enter any text between the field delimiters.
Example: The patient has [no pre-existing conditions | pre-existing conditions]…
- Say "What can I say" or navigate to > What You Can Say.
- Expand the Auto-texts section to view all current auto-texts that you have set up.
To use an auto-text when dictating, you will need to prompt Dragon that you are using an auto-text by saying "insert [your auto-text name]". This will place the auto-text where the cursor focus is within your dictated text. If you have any fields within your auto-text, you can navigate through these fields using the below commands.
- add word to vocabulary
Add the highlighted word to your vocabulary.
- next/previous field
Move through the fields in your auto-text.
- first/last field
Move to the first or last field within your auto-text.
- accept defaults
Clear all fields and insert the default value into your text.
- field complete
Remove the brackets and insert the text from your current variable field.
- To change the field delimiters in your auto-texts, navigate to > Options... then change the Left and Right field delimiters at the bottom of the General tab.
- To use the default values and remove the field delimiters of all fields in your auto-text, say accept defaults. If a field contains several values separated by |, the first value will be used as the default.
- After saying accept defaults, you must pause before continuing dictating to ensure that the command is performed.