In this article
There are a variety of actions you can perform using voice commands with Dragon Medical One (DMO). To see the list of possible commands, say "What can I say" or navigate to > What You Can Say.
These are custom blocks of texts that you have previously set up. For more information see our creating auto-texts article.
Use these commands to modify your settings.
- open settings/options
- Open the Options dialogue box
- apply settings
- Apply your settings
- apply settings and close
apply and close
- Apply your settings and close the Options dialogue box
- close settings/options
- Close the Options dialogue box
Use these commands to control the Dragon Medical One application.
- launch/open/show help
- Open the Dragon Help menu
- quite/close/hide help
- Close the Dragon Help menu
- open/show dictation box
- Open the Dictation Box
- transfer text
- Transfer the text from the Dictation Box to your text editor
- discard text
- Discard the text in the Dictation Box
- recall text
- Recall the text from your text editor to the Dictation Box
- close/hide dictation box
- Close the Dictation Box
- open/show dragon
- Open the Dragon application
- close dragon
- Close the Dragon application
Use these commands to control an application that has the speech focus anchored to it.
- anchor speech focus
send text here
- Anchor the speech focus to an application
- show anchored application
show the anchored application
- Bring the application with the speech focus to the foreground
- release speech focus
- Release the speech focus from an application
Use these commands to format your dictated text using your voice.
- bold that
format that bold
- Make the selected text bold
- italicize that
format that italic
- Make the selected text italic
- underline that
format that underline
- Make the selected text underlined
- normal that
format that normal
- Make the selected text normal
Use these commands to create and edit step-by-step commands using your voice.
- manage commands
manage step-by-step commands
- Open the Manage Commands dialogue box where you can view current step-by-step commands and create new ones.
- create/add command
create/add step-by-step command
- Open the Manage Commands dialogue box and create a new command with no information
For more information see our create step-by-step commands article.
Use these commands to control Microsoft Windows applications.
- launch/open/show/start Microsoft Outlook
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- launch/open/show/start Microsoft Word
- Open Microsoft Word
- maximise window
- Maximise the application window
- minimise window
- Minimise the application window
Use these commands to create and edit auto-texts using your voice.
- manage auto-texts
- Open the Manage Auto-texts page where you can view current auto-texts and create new ones.
- create/add auto-text
make that an auto-text
- Create a new auto-text containing the currently selected text
For more information see our creating auto-texts article.
Use these commands to enter feedback for Dragon.
- provide/send feedback
- Open the form where you can enter feedback regarding Dragon
- hide/close feedback
- Close the feedback page
Use these commands to manage the formatting of your dictation.
- manage formatting
open manage formatting
- Display the Manage Formatting page where you can define how the system writes numbers, dates, measurements, etc.
- close manage formatting
- Close the Manage Formatting page
For more information see our article on managing formatting.
These are existing step-by-step commands used to perform functions on your workstation using your voice. For more information see our creating step-by-step commands article.
Use correction commands to edit what you see on the screen. For details on these commands see our correcting your dictation article.
Use navigation commands to move the speech focus when dictating. For details on these commands see our navigating through your dictated text article.
Use these commands to control your microphone using your voice.
- microphone off
- Switch off the microphone
Use these commands to switch between your dictation and more information.
- what can I say
- Display a list of commands that you can say
- close what you can say
close what can I say
- Close the What You Can Say page