The Australian Medical Association (AMA) updates their fee schedule periodically, and these can be accessed from their website by members of the AMA.
Log in to the AMA website with your issued username and password, and download the latest fee schedule in .csv format. Then proceed with the following steps in Genie.
- Navigate to Open > Billing Items;
- Click on the Import Fee Schedules drop-down and choose to Import AMA Schedule;
- Click OK to the confirmation alert;
- Browse to the location on your computer where the downloaded .csv file is, select the file and click Open;
- When asked to "Create Billing Items using AMA Item Numbers or keep MBS Item Numbers?", choose to Keep MBS;
- Let the import complete and AMA fees will now be available in your Genie.
If you also require AMA-specific item numbers, repeat the steps above once more, this time choosing to Use AMA in step 5.