In Genie version 9.3.9, all nation-wide and state-specific radiology request templates will now download automatically when the first user opens the Radiology Request window after updating. These templates have been created as Custom Forms, and are a part of our overarching goal of becoming a 64-bit compatible software solution.
While these new forms are now easier to create and customise, this does mean that all previously inbuilt and custom created radiology templates (e.g. with your letterhead / logo) are no longer available.
If you previously used customised templates in v9.3.8 or below, you can follow the below steps to recreate these as Custom Forms in Genie v9.3.9.
Watch our how-to video!
One of our lovely SA trainers, Dana, shows you how to easily choose and create new radiology templates in the latest version of Genie.
Creating the image for your template
Radiology Request Custom Forms differ from the original letter templates slightly in that you can't easily add in your letterhead or a picture from your library.
For Custom Forms, you can instead add in a single A4-sized background image. We've included some easy steps on how to firstly create your image, then add it into your Custom Form.
- In a Word document, add in all your appropriate images using the Insert > Pictures option;
- Double-click on each of your pictures in the document, then change the text wrapping to "Tight". This will allow you to move the image wherever you would like it on the page;
- Position and resize your images to your desired location, then once you are happy navigate to File > Save As;
- Choose a location to save your file and a name, ensuring that the Save as type drop-down has been changed to PDF (*.pdf);
Adding the image to your template
- In a patient's clinical file, open the Radiology Request window, then click the blue plus icon to create a new request template;
- The window will auto-populate all appropriate fields on the left-hand side as shown;
- To add in your image you created earlier, click the background image icon, then click the button to search your computer for your saved PDF file;
- Once you have added the file to the list available in Genie, highlight the file and click the button;
- Now that the background image (including your letterhead and any other images) is on your template, ensure that the Print Background checkbox is ticked and you can simply click and drag the fields into their appropriate places. You can also add any other relevant fields to your template using the Fields and Expressions tabs on the left;
- If you are unsure what any particular field is, simply click the <<>> button on the left and this will show you the references;
- Once you are happy with your form, give the template a Title at the top and then click the floppy disc icon to save your custom radiology template.
- Copy and paste any other field onto the form where you would like the radiology provider to appear;
- Double-click on the field to bring up the below window;
- Click your mouse into the large white area to open the Insert 4D Expression window;
- Switch to the Expression tab at the top, then click the button;
- Replace the text at the bottom with [Investigation]IxProvider;
- Click through the OK prompts.
The field will be invisible while editing the template, but will print correctly when you print your Radiology Request Custom Form.
Please note: The laboratory name will only be printed when using the button through the radiology request window, not when previewing the custom template.