Genie Version 9.3.9 22 December 2020 has been re-released and is now available for download from 4 January 2021.
This new version contains fixes for a few bugs that were discovered in the original 9.3.9 version dated 15 December 2020. If you are currently running this initial version, please update at your earliest convenience.
Genie Version 9.3.9, 15 December 2020 is temporarily unavailable for download. Please keep an eye on this announcement for any updates.
Major changes in this version include:
- Analytics have been added to additional areas of Genie to determine what features are being used. This data will assist the development team in establishing a plan for where to focus its future efforts.
- Part of a wider government initiative, Active Ingredient Prescribing (AIP) legislation will ensure that all active ingredients are printed by default on all PBS and RPBS prescriptions. These regulations have been actioned in a bid to mitigate patient adverse medication events and will be mandatory for prescribers to comply with by 1 February 2021.
- All AIP requirements are included within this Genie release. If you are a current MIMS subscriber, the MIMS Prescribing Data update is automatically downloaded during your upgrade to v9.3.9.
- In the Add Prescription window, Active Ingredients will be shown, and a particular Brand can be selected if a preference is required.
- When printing a prescription, prescribers will be prompted with the option to include the brand name on a script if required.
Genie version 9.3.9 includes some exciting changes as part of our 64-bit progression. We've transformed the Address Book, Radiology Request templates and Rheumatology PBS forms to be 64-bit compatible with a few workflow changes to assist practitioners in providing their usual patient care with fewer clicks.
- The Address Book user interface has been updated to use a listbox.
- All buttons and searching functionality will work in the same way but in a new and improved window.
- Category column has been added in the Address Book to the right of the Specialty column.
- New button added at the top of the window to easily Hide Inactive Address Book records from the list.
Radiology Request Custom Forms
Any previously inbuilt and custom radiology templates will no longer be available after updating. If you use custom radiology templates (e.g. with your letterhead), you will need to recreate these after updating your Genie.
- Upon updating Genie, all applicable request form templates (nation-wide and state-specific) will download automatically when the first user opens the Radiology Request window.
- These forms are now accessible and easily customisable as Custom Forms. The Custom Forms include all appropriate fields in their correct place, and can include the pre-printed paper as a background image if required.
- User interface has changed slightly for template selection drop-down. A new Pencil button added in lieu of the Edit Templates drop-down.
- Investigation Audit user interface has been updated with the following:
- Preview button has been added to preview the radiology request as a Custom Form.
- Open Patient button has been changed to a Clinical button.
- Reprint button has changed to Printer button.
Rheumatology Custom Forms
- Upon updating Genie, all form templates will download automatically when the first user opens the Rheumatology module.
- Both existing and new Rheumatology PBS forms have been created as Custom Forms so that you can easily select a ready-made form to print in the Rheumatology module. These forms are named for your convenience so you can immediately identify the PBS form number and the condition / situation.
- User interface has changed slightly for template selection drop-down and print options.
- Print button has changed to Print Preview so that you can easily customise and add details to the PBS form before printing if necessary.
- IMPORTANT: Fixed bug where linking a result to a different patient changes the patient name on the result file to match the linked patient.
- Fixed bug where Connections Export only works for certain Appointment Type changes.
- Fixed bug where tracked pathology was graphing incorrectly.
- Fixed bug where Custom Labels do not print from the Account Holders or Address Book windows.
- Fixed bug where issues with patient's Sex Identifier were causing Healthlink letters to be rejected.
- Fixed bug where letters imported into Genie without an OBR specified 'type' inherited the 'type' of another letter or report.
- Fixed bug where Current Medications expression ignored separate lines for each item setting.
- Fixed bug where incoming CDA letters with attached images do not display within Incoming Letters.
- Fixed bug where hyperlinks within CDA documents no longer render attachments within the Incoming Letters window.
- Fixed bug where the inserted text on Custom Forms does not respect font size.
- Fixed bug where Appts > Find Online Appointments does not search for HotDoc appointments.
- Fixed bug where invalid logging calls in PP_Component causes a runtime error to appear on Genie Server.
- Fixed bug where an HTTP error occurred when receipting if the Cloud Adapter is not connected.
- Improved performance of the right-click menu on the Contact List of the patient Clinical Window.
- Use of the software is governed by and subject to the Genie Solutions Master Service Agreement or Customer Service Level Agreement (the Service Agreement), as provided to you prior to your installation of Genie. The following additional terms apply to users of Genie 9.3.9 and subsequent Genie versions, and by continuing to use Genie 9.3.9 you acknowledge and agree to the following additional terms:
- You own the data that you transmit through or upload to Genie 9.3.9, are solely responsible for its accuracy, legality and quality, and warrant that you have obtained any necessary consents to provide such data to Genie Solutions in order for Genie Solutions to provide Genie 9.3.9 to you; and
- In order to provide Genie 9.3.9 to you, Genie Solutions may be required to collect and use your data (which may contain Personal Information, including Sensitive Information and Health Information, as defined in the Privacy Act 1988), for the purposes of the transfer, storage and processing of such data on Genie Solutions' secure Australian cloud based platform; and you hereby consent to the transfer, storage and processing of such data on Genie Solutions' secure Australian based cloud service platform for the purpose of providing Genie 9.3.9 to you.
For more details on changes in previous versions, please consult our Revision History.
This update is available from the "Special" Menu within Genie and at our Downloads page from Monday, 4 January 2021.