Genie Version 9.3.7, 11 September 2020 is now available for download. We strongly recommend updating your Genie to this version to ensure the accuracy of your prescriptions. Please see the updated release notes for more information
In the 19 August 2020 version of 9.3.7, we identified the below two bugs which have now been fixed:
- Fixed bug where runtime errors could occur when adding a new Account Holder, resulting in users being unable to create any new Account Holders;
- Fixed bug where users were unable to delete Patient Contacts - e.g. Next Of Kin records.
Along with these bug fixes, the following are the release notes from the initial 9.3.7, 19 August 2020 release.
This upgrade may take up to 10 minutes to run due to substantial foundational changes made for future Advanced Extras development, as well as updates surrounding the email address book. Throughout the upgrade, progress bars will indicate the current status of your update.
Major changes in this version include:
Changes we have implemented based on customer feedback
Changes implemented towards 64-bit compatibility
- Use of the software is governed by and subject to the Genie Solutions Master Service Agreement or Customer Service Level Agreement (the Service Agreement), as provided to you prior to your installation of Genie. The following additional terms apply to users of Genie 9.3.7 and subsequent Genie versions, and by continuing to use Genie 9.3.7 you acknowledge and agree to the following additional terms:
- You own the data that you transmit through or upload to Genie 9.3.7, are solely responsible for its accuracy, legality and quality, and warrant that you have obtained any necessary consents to provide such data to Genie Solutions in order for Genie Solutions to provide Genie 9.3.7 to you; and
- In order to provide Genie 9.3.7 to you, Genie Solutions may be required to collect and use your data (which may contain Personal Information, including Sensitive Information and Health Information, as defined in the Privacy Act 1988), for the purposes of the transfer, storage and processing of such data on Genie Solutions' secure Australian cloud based platform; and you hereby consent to the transfer, storage and processing of such data on Genie Solutions' secure Australian based cloud service platform for the purpose of providing Genie 9.3.7 to you.
- De-identified analytics regarding whether the database has been impacted by potential mismatch of email addresses are now periodically shared with Genie Solutions.
- Prompt for moving an appointment booking when changing a provider in the procedure record now happens at the time of changing the provider instead of when clicking OK.
- New option in Maintenance & Reports to setup integrated EFTPOS Terminals;
- Integrated EFTPOS terminal can now be selected in the Receipt window;
- Integrated EFTPOS terminal can now be selected in the Accept Deposit window;
- New option in the Procedure Quotes tab to be able to SMS an online prepayment link to the patient's account holder;
- An account holder cannot be deleted if it has an outstanding Online Payment;
- Prepayments made online via Ezidebit will be automatically processed as a deposit;
- Prepayments made online via Ezidebit will show with a Payment Reference of "Online:Ezidebit" in the Banking Report;
- Prepayments made online via Ezidebit will show has having the Deposit Accepted by "Ezidebit: Online Payment" in the Deposit window;
- Cheque number column in the Banking Report window has been changed to Payment Reference to reflect that it references multiple payment sources' information;
- Cheque number field in the Banking Record window has been changed to Payment Reference to reflect that it references multiple payment sources' information.
- Quote actions have been clarified and consolidated into a Quote Actions drop-down menu in the Quotes tab of the Procedure record;
- Select Template has been changed to Print Template in Op Notes tab of Procedure record for clarification;
- Removed coloured text from Pathology & Radiology list to assist with performance of the area while converting it to be 64-bit compatible;
- Removed coloured text from Investigation Action List to assist with performance of the area while converting it to be 64-bit compatible.
- Removed reference to 4D Write when saving a letter with a new embedded image;
- Macros menu is now immediately updated when macros are added or removed;
- Outgoing Email window has been upgraded;
- Email Address Book window has been upgraded;
- Email Message Recipients window has been upgraded;
- Disclaimer added to Outgoing Email window informing the user that Genie email is non-encrypted;
- Genie Email Encryption has been removed due to now longer being suitable for encryption of email correspondence with patients.
- Addressed potential mismatch of email addresses between the Email Module Address Book and Patient, NOK and Address Book details. If any mismatches are detected during the update, a report will be presented to the Administrator and first user to log in after the update;
- Modified the XML export to log errors to a log file;
- Modified the Genie export to allow a partial export for Gentu customers;
- New Genie Solutions Master Service Agreement is now referenced in the Genie Installer.
- Fixed bug where newly entered data was being cleared from particular fields in the clinical window if the demographic window was opened;
- Fixed bug where the flagged reason was being incorrectly updated when linking a result;
- Fixed bug where an error was occurring when attempting to set a custom date range in the Item Report;
- Fixed bug where a locked record prevented the user from adding a Macro, using an existing code;
- Fixed bug where the Next Recall button in the patient demographic window was displaying an incorrect recall date;
- Fixed bug where users were unable to type in the Scratchpad or Social and Family History in certain patient clinical files;
- Fixed bug where users would receive a locked error message when attempting to open the patient demographic window while an Outgoing Letter was open;
- Fixed bug where users would receive a locked error message when attempting to open the patient demographic while a patient's current pregnancy window was open;
- Fixed bug where users would receive a locked error message when attempting to open the patient demographic window while editing an existing consult;
- Fixed bug where users would receive a locked error message when attempting to open the patient demographic window while a result was open;
- Fixed bug where a runtime error was occurring when attempting to email a merged letter opened from the Investigations Action List;
- Fixed bug where runtime errors were occurring when opening a blank Investigations Action List or Downloaded Results list;
- Fixed bug where runtime errors could occur when attempting to remove a patient from the Investigations Action List;
- Fixed bug where a patient's age was not being displayed when the Clinical window was accessed from Downloaded Results or the Investigations Action List;
- Fixed bug where a read only error would prevent users from being able to unflag a patient via the Flagged Patients List;
- Fixed bug where errors would occur when attempting to access forms via Healthlink Online;
- Fixed bug where streamline authority codes were being truncated when importing MIMS Prescribing Data into Genie;
- Fixed bug where Outgoing Letters would fail in the XML Export if an embedded image had a margin set larger than A4 margins;
- Fixed bug where the XML Export was not exporting all the content for certain types of Incoming Letters;
- Fixed bug where certain types of HL7 files were not displaying correctly in Incoming Letters;
- Fixed bug where runtime errors could occur when attempting to use the 'Add to Menu' option for a newly saved checklist.
For more information consult the Revision History.
This update is available from the "Special" Menu within Genie and at our Downloads page from Monday, 31st August 2020.