Genie Support is here to assist you with any enquiries or problems that you may have. However, we are not available to perform Genie updates remotely. This is for a range of reasons:
- Lack of access to all machines
- Unable to guarantee we will be available at the time you require the update to be run
- We can't guarantee how long the update will take
- We do not have access to all passwords that are often needed when making changes to programs on your computer
- We cannot be responsible for ensuring that all machines in the practice meet our hardware or operating system requirements
- We are not aware of individual practice environments that can be quite unique
- We are unable to make any changes to antivirus software which may require adjustments after an update
- We are unable to review or adjust router settings to ensure ports are open
- If something goes wrong with an update, it can be very difficult and time consuming to try to correct remotely. Instead, it is often much easier to investigate and resolve by someone who is on site.
We are, however, available to assist if you run into any issues during the update process. If an issues pop up, please contact our Support Team who would be happy to help.
If you are not comfortable performing the update yourself, and IT are not available to perform this, then our Trainers would be happy to assist. If you would like to organise for a trainer to come onsite to perform your update, please request an onsite visit and one of our trainers will be in touch to discuss needs and cost.