In order to access our new and expanding suite of Advanced Extras including Online Patient Registration, Online Specialist Bookings and Patient Payments, you will need to have a tool called the 'cloud adapter' installed on your server machine.
In v9.3.5 and above, we have implemented a new and improved cloud adapter which will be automatically installed when you update your Genie data. If you were previously running Genie v9.3.4 and installed the original cloud adapter, you will first need to uninstall this legacy installation following the instructions below before performing a Genie Update.
Before you begin
Please see instructions below depending on what operating system your Genie Server machine is running. The steps will need to be completed on the server machine when nobody at the practice is using Genie.
- Quit the Genie Server application (File > Quit);
- Navigate to the Start menu > Run;
- Enter services.msc and press Enter;
- Within the Services window, locate and right-click on the service called Genie_Sync_Connector_GENXXXXX;
- Select Stop and close the Services window;
- Download and run the uninstaller from the below link:
- Click Next and then Finish.
This will complete the uninstallation process. To confirm that the process has been successful, please check the following areas.
1. The SyncConnector folder has been removed from the root Genie folder.
2. The Genie_Sync_Connector_GENXXXXX has been removed from the Services list as shown below.
After successful uninstallation (Genie_Sync_Connector_GENXXXXX no longer appears)
Please note: A Terminal command is required to be run to confirm that the uninstall process has been successful. If you are not confident in performing this action, please contact Support on 1300 889 362.
It is recommended that you are logged in as the administrator when performing these instructions as you may come across security warnings that will require the administrator password.
If the root Genie folder on the server machine is not simply called 'Genie', it will need to be renamed after you have quit the server application to run the uninstaller. Once you have completed the below steps, it can be reverted back to its original name if desired.
- Quit the Genie Server application (Genie Server > Quit Genie Server);
- Download the uninstaller from the below link:
- Launch the uninstaller, then continue through the licensing agreements and select 'Install';
- Once the uninstall is complete, select Close.
You will now need to run a Terminal command to confirm the uninstallation was successful. Please follow the below steps to do this:
- From your desktop, select the Spotlight icon, type Terminal then press Enter;
- Within the Terminal window, enter the following exactly as it appears below:
ps ax|grep genie-sync-macos
- Press Enter.
If the uninstallation was successful, the Terminal will display as follows:
If the Terminal displays as shown below, the uninstallation was unsuccessful. Please contact Support on 1300 889 362 for assistance.