It is not possible to cancel an ECLIPSE claim from Genie, no matter how quickly you realise your mistake. You will need to cancel it directly with either Medicare or the health fund.
How do I know who to contact?
Who you contact (Medicare of the health fund) will depend on the status of your IMC claim.
- Navigate to File > Maintenance and Reports > Daily.
- Click into ECLIPSE IMC Transmission.
- Highlight the claim in the list.
- Click Get Report Status.
Look in the Report Status and Process Status columns on the right.
|If the Process Status says:||then call:|
|MEDICARE_ASSESSING||Call Medicare to cancel the claim|
|HEALTH_FUND_ASSESSING||Call the fund to cancel the claim. Medicare has already forwarded the claim to them.|
What do I do then?
Depending on the advice from Medicare or the fund, you will need to either delete the claim now or wait until the claim is rejected. Alternatively, if they were able to edit the claim details on their servers, you may be advised to just edit the invoice in Genie without resubmitting.
Delete the claim
If Medicare or the fund have advised you to delete the claim, you can do this by right-clicking on the claim in IMC Claims Control and choosing the option.
If you are prompted to enter a password, please call Genie support on 1300 889 362 to obtain this.
When asked 'Are you sure you want to delete this claim?' choose Delete.
You can then choose to Keep or Delete the associated invoice.
If you need to slightly adjust the invoice but are planning on resending the claim, Keep the invoice.
If you have charged the wrong item number/s or wrong provider, it may be easier to Delete the invoice and start over.
Resubmit the claim
If you chose to Keep the invoice and intend to resubmit the claim, follow the below steps.
- Navigate to the patient's Account History and make the appropriate changes to the invoice.
- With the invoice highlighted on the left, highlight all items you would like to resubmit by Ctrl/Cmd + clicking on each item.
- Click Resend IMC Exceptions at the top of the window.
- In the window that opens, check that all details are now correct.
- Click Transmit to retransmit the claim.
If you chose to Delete the invoice, you will need to recreate the claim from scratch through Billing > IMC Invoice Wizard.