If you are noticing that a particular item number is appearing for every patient when you go to invoice them, it is possible that your doctor has their default item number set to this number. To remove this item from appearing automatically, follow the below steps.
- Navigate to File > All User Preferences.
- Double-click to open the preferences for the relevant doctor.
- Navigate to the General tab and locate the Default Item No field on the left as shown below.
- You can choose to either:
- Remove the item number entirely. This will stop the Items to Charge window from appearing when the doctor saves out of a clinical file (or presses Send Items). OR
- Remove the item number and enter a 0 in its place. This will ensure the Items to Charge window still appears for the doctor, however, this item will no longer be selected by default.
- Click Save to save out of their preferences.