In Genie, there are two built-in reports where you can review all sales for a particular item: the Item Report, and the Billing vs Income Report.
The Item Report
The Item Report will give you an overview of how many times an item has been billed, and the value of the item number.
- Navigate to File > Maintenance and Reports > Practice Analysis and open the Item Report.
- Set the report parameters:
- Period - this can be a custom date range.
- Item - change to Select to view a single item number.
- Calculate by - if you do not invoice same day you may choose to switch between these radio buttons.
- Provider (if you have multiple providers on the left you can choose to only display certain doctors).
- The Qty, Value, Average and GST columns will display the figures for this item within the parameters set.
For more detailed information see our article on the item report.
The Billing vs Income Report
The Billing vs Income Report will allow you to see a detailed breakdown of all sales, where you can see a particular item number.
- Navigate to File > Maintenance and Reports > Practice Analysis and open the Billing vs Income Report.
- Set your preferred date range in the window that appears.
- The report will display an overview of sales by provider as below.
- Highlight a provider in the list, then choose the Print/Export Sales option. You will then receive the following alert, where you can choose to print the report (preferably to a PDF printer depending on the size of your report), or export to Excel.
For more detailed information see our article on the billing vs income report.