For a scanner to work with the Genie software it must meet the following requirements:
- Fully TWAIN compliant scanner driver
- Up to 40 pages per minute (simplex), 20 pages per minute duplex
- Resolution 150 - 1200 dpi
- Recommended file size 30Kb – 100Kb per page
- Feeder Holds 50 sheets, A5 & A4 size, Duplex and colour capable
- USB or network connection (where supported)
A scanner may not work with Genie if the scanner software changes or is not TWAIN compliant. In the event that the scanner is not accessible from within Genie, the recommendation is to scan outside of Genie and batch process the scanned documents. Please refer to the batch processing section of the Scanning article for detail on this process.
Genie Solutions does not provide a list of scanners that work with the Genie software. This is because we are not able to test all scanners in all environments, and other factors on your machines may affect the way this works.