If you find that you have claims stuck in the Awaiting Remittance Advice status in IMC Claims Control, this may be caused by a variety of reasons. You can follow the steps below to finalise the claim.
- Navigate to File > Maintenance and Reports > Daily > IMC Claims Control, then change the Claim Status drop-down to Awaiting Remittance Advice.
- Check whether the claim has a value in the Paid column. If the Paid value is filled in, then the remittance advice has been successfully retrieved but there is something else preventing the claim from moving to Ready to Receipt. Often, this is because the Claimed and Paid do not match. If that's the case, click View Processing Report and balance the items correctly.
- If the claim date is older than 30 days ago, hold down the Alt / Option key on your keyboard and click Get Remittance Advices.
Set the From and To dates initially to cover the claim period (claim date + 30 days) and check both Ready and Reported statuses. Repeat this process until you reach today's date.
If you have tried the above and the remittance advice is still not available, you should contact the health fund to request the following information.
- When the claim was paid
- The payment reference on the bank statement
- How much was paid in total in the payment
- What amount was paid for the claim
You can then cross-reference this information with your banking and use the Billing > Receipt by Invoice Number functionality to receipt this manually outside of ECLIPSE.