The below information outlines the instructions for setup and transmitting claims for practices that do not have a Medicare Purchaser Provider Agreement (MPAA)
No Gap claims for AHM and Medibank Private need to be submitted as a Scheme (Known Gap) claim without a gap added.
1. Open the IMC Invoice Wizard via Billing > IMC Invoice Wizard;
2. Scheme (Known Gap) should be selected by default;
3. Select the Site of Service;
4. Tick Financial Interest Disclosed;
5. Click Next to proceed to the voucher window;
6. Informed Financial Consent on a Known Gap Claim must be Written or Not Obtained;
7. In the voucher window make sure Charge Gap is unticked;
Note: In previous versions, this checkbox was labelled Auto Charge Maximum Gap.
8. Click the blue plus button to add items;
9. Type in the Item Number and press the Tab key on your keyboard;
10. The fee will default to the private fee. Click the word Fund Rebate to override this with the correct No Gap Fee;
11. Save and enter all other items in the same manner;
12. Upon saving the voucher, if prompted to add an assist fee, action this as normal;
13. Add on any other vouchers and items using the same method as above;
14. Once complete, click Next to proceed past the voucher window;
15. In the Make Any Payments window confirm that the 'Patient to Pay' amount is $0.00. If not, go back and fix the fees;
16. If everything looks correct, click Next to proceed past the Make Any Payments window;
17. Transmit the claim as normal.