In Genie, it is possible to export your Address Book records to Excel. To do this, you will first need to perform a search to narrow down the records you wish to use.
- Navigate to Open > Address Book, cancel out of the Search box and choose View All . This will allow you to see a list of all records in your Address Book.
- Select the Printer icon at the top of the screen and you will receive the following window:
- Drag across any fields from the Database Fields box to the Report Columns box that you wish to include in your Excel report.
- When you are happy with your fields, select the Export button at the bottom of the page. You will receive the following prompt:
- Give your report a name and choose the EXCEL Spreadsheet radio button, then click Export.
Navigate to Open > Address Book, cancel out of the Search box, then select Records > Search. You will receive the following Query window:
Select the arrow to the left of [AddressBook] in Available Fields to open more options. Select the Field and Comparison you wish to use and enter the Value in the bottom. This will allow you to narrow down your records to a particular type. eg Suburb, Clinic, Specialty.
Once you are happy with the details in the Query Editor box, select Query and Genie will present you with a list of results that match that search.
You will then simply need to select the Printer icon and follow Step 3 onward in Exporting the whole Address Book above.