VMoney is a web-based system used by NSW Health to enable online submission of VMO claims. While NSW Health's VMoney system may be used for all forms of claiming by a VMO (timesheet, fee for service claims, payment reports etc), the export from Genie deals only with export Fee for Service information (where an invoice has been raised for a patient to a hospital in Genie).
Before you begin
Prerequisites for using the VMoney Export:
- You must be on Genie version 8.8.5 or above
- Navigate to File > Practice Preferences, double click on your practice and ensure NSW is listed in the State field.
- The provider must also have a MRN (Medical Registration Number) set in the Details tab of their User Preferences (via File > All User Preferences, then double clicking on the doctor's name), otherwise they will not be able to export. This can be looked up via AHPRA's website.
- Patients who were billed as 'Inpatients' are required to have a URNum set in their Demographics window. If this is not set, these sales will be excluded from the export and an alert with relevant patient details will appear describing this error. The process can simply be rerun once the information has been updated and the sales will be included.
For more information about the functionality of the VMoney system, you can contact the VMoney helpdesk on 1300 883 962.
- Set up your public hospital as an Account Holder via Open > Account Holders. Cancel out of the search window when prompted and choose the Add button . Fill in the appropriate details for the hospital and choose Save.
- Ensure relevant patients have their hospital MRN in the UR Number field in the Secondary tab of their Demographics
- Check the doctor has a Medical Registration Number (MRN) entered in the Details tab of their User Preferences.
- Bill inpatients via the normal invoice window, choosing the Other Account Holder box at the top of the invoicing window and selecting the hospital as the account holder.
- Run the report monthly via File > Maintenance and Reports > Monthly > VMoney Export for upload into the VMoney system. Please note: you will need to login to the VMoney system (external to Genie, provided by VMoney).
- The Site of Service is populated automatically based on the selected provider. This should match the provider's Practice Site as displayed in their User Preferences. When the Provider drop down menu is changed, the Site of Service drop down should update with the new provider's details.
- The data entry input (selected month) should default to the current month. You should not be able to select dates in the future.
Within the export, you can select which account holders to include by expanding the drop down menu and clicking on the appropriate records. Please note that these account holders are only organisations, and not individuals.
- After clicking the Export button, Genie will process the sale data as per the user inputs. Once done, this will open a folder containing the output csv file which should be highlighted. This should be in a subfolder of the Genie folder, specifically Genie/VMoney/<filename.csv>
Invoices created using the Invoice as Assistant function are not able to be included within the export due to the way this information is stored in Genie. You may see a pop up regarding this if an assistant invoice exists in this data you are exporting
VMoney cannot export future months error
When running the VMoney Export, you may encounter the following error:
If the month being exported is greater than the current month, Genie will not take into account the year and will think the month being exported is in the future e.g. running the export on 01/01/2020 but choosing the 'Month Ending' value of 31/12/2019.
This issue has been resolved in version 9.1.1 of Genie, so if you are experiencing this issue it is recommended to update to at least v9.1.1 to resolve the issue.
Alternatively, you can try changing the date on your computer back to a date in the previous month i.e. 31/12/2019 and try running the export again.
Please note: In Genie version 9 and above changing the date to a previous date may prevent Genie Client from launching/connecting to the Server correctly. This will not happen if this is done in the Single User (Solo) application on the server machine when no users are connected.