When your schedule is busy, it can be difficult to find an appointment time that suits both doctor and patient. The Waiting for Cancellation list function in Genie allows you to place patients who request an appointment with a specific doctor on a list, and will prompt you to fill a spare slot when an appointment is deleted.
Before you begin
To view and utilise the Waiting for Cancellation list, navigate to Appts > Appointment Preferences and ensure that Check for Cancellations when Deleting ticked.
- When a patient contacts your practice for an appointment, and the doctor is not available on the requested day, book them in for a future appointment.
- Make this patient's appointment Status 'Waiting for Cancellation' by clicking on the Status drop-down menu.
- The next time you delete a patient appointment you will be provided with the following window:
- Select the patient from the above list that you would like to book into the free appointment slot and click OK.
- This will insert the selected patient into the nominated appointment slot.
You can sort the list of patients waiting for a cancellation by clicking the Type drop-down menu. This will display all patients for this doctor on the waiting list with the selected type applied to their appointment.
To view the cancellation list for all providers, go to Appts > Waiting for Cancellation. From this window you can delete any future appointments by clicking on the Delete Future Appts button. You can also show the patients in the patients list by clicking on the Show in Patients List button, and print this list by clicking on the Print button.
To remove a patient from the Cancellation List, double-click the patient's name in the list. Genie will take you to the patient's currently-booked appointment where you can change the status of the appointment back to 'Patient Appointment'.