If you have patients that you see on a regular basis, you may find it easier to book in repeat appointments in advance. Genie has made this process easier for you with it's Repeating Appointments function. If this sounds like it would help your day to day processes, then read on.
Before you begin
This article is related to appointments in the Appointment Book, not Appointment Schedules. If you are looking to make changes to these schedules, then please refer to our Appointment Schedules article.
Appointments can be made to repeat either individually or as a block by highlighting the appointment(s) to repeat, and clicking on the Repeating Appointment icon .
This will display the window below:
Select the desired repeating interval from the Repeat drop-down menu. You can then either enter the number of times you would like the appointment to repeat in the field provided, or type an end date in the End Date field. The Calendar button is also available to select a date. Once you have selected these, press the Save button. Clicking on the question mark button will open up the Genie manual to the section on repeating appointments.
1. Patient appointments are never overwritten by a repeating non-patient appointment.
2. Non-patient appointments are always overwritten by another repeating non-patient appointment.
'Add', 'Add All, 'Replace', 'Replace All', 'Skip' or 'Skip All'.
'Add' will add another appointment at the same time (double book the time).
'Add All' will add another appointment for ALL conflicting patient appointments.
'Replace' will replace the existing appointment with the new appointment.
'Replace All' will replace ALL future conflicting patient appointments.
'Skip' will not add another appointment at the same time and the existing on is left untouched.
'Skip All' will not add another appointment at the same time and will leave ALL future patient appointments untouched.
3. Days that the provider does not appear in the Appointment Book are automatically skipped.
Example: You have a breakfast meeting on the first Monday of each month.
1. Create a type called Breakfast Meeting, and go to the date of the next meeting and highlight the appointments slots required.
2. Go to the Type drop-down menu and select 'Breakfast Meeting'. This will mark the selected cells as that type.
3. With the cells still highlighted, click on the repeating drop-down menu. Select Every 4 Weeks from the drop-down menu, and enter 12 to make this appointment repeat for the next year. Alternatively, you can manually enter an End Date where the repeating appointment will finish or click on the Calendar button to select a date.
To delete a repeating appointment:
1. Highlight the appointment(s) and click on the Repeating Appointment icon .
2. Select none from the Repeat drop-down menu, and click Save. This will delete all future instances of the repeating appointment.
3. Click on the Garbage can icon to delete the current instance of this appointment.
If you think somebody else would appreciate reading this article feel free to email them a link.