The below article briefly answers the most frequently asked questions our Support Team receives regarding the Address Book in Genie.
Before you begin
For general enquiries about the Address Book functions in Genie, please refer to the Address Book section of our Knowledgebase.
If you can't find an answer to your question below or elsewhere on the Knowledgebase, please contact Genie Support who would be happy to assist.
If you're adding a new record to your Address Book but have realised that the specialty doesn't exist in the drop-down, you may need to add it in. For information on adding a new specialty please contact our Support Team who can provide further instruction.
There are multiple ways in Genie to find all doctors of a certain specialty.
1. Open your Address Book (Open> Address Book) and you will receive the Search box. You can then type the specialty into the Specialty box; or
2. Open your Address Book and cancel out of the Search window. Select the Specialty drop down at the top of the screen and select the appropriate Specialty from the list; or
3. Open your Address Book and navigate to Records > Search. Select the arrow to the left of [AddressBook] record in Available Fields. Select the Specialty option in this list. In Comparisons, choose either 'is equal to' or 'contains'. Type the specialty you are looking for into the Value box and click Query.
Please note: 'is equal to' will look for exactly what you have typed into the box.
Looking through your Address Book you may find that you have multiple records for the same doctor. It's possible that these are separate records for this doctor to cover different details they may have. For example, if the doctor works at multiple clinics, has multiple provider numbers or receives their correspondence via multiple different pathways.
If the records are exactly the same and there is no reason that there should be multiple records, then you may wish to mark one as Inactive by opening the record and selecting the Inactive checkbox.
In Genie, it is possible to export your Address Book records to Excel. To do this, you will first need to perform a search to narrow down the records you wish to use.
Exporting the whole Address Book
1. Navigate to Open > Address Book, cancel out of the Search box and choose View All . This will allow you to see a list of all records in your Address Book.
2. Select the Printer icon at the top of the screen and you will receive the following window:
3. Drag across any fields from the Database Fields box to the Report Columns box that you wish to include in your Excel report.
4. When you are happy with your fields, select the Export button at the bottom of the page. You will receive the following prompt:
5. Give your report a title and select the EXCEL Spreadsheet option. Click Export and Genie will create an Excel version of your report.
Exporting certain records
Navigate to Open > Address Book, cancel out of the Search box, then select Records > Search. You will receive the following Query window:
Select the arrow to the left of [AddressBook] in Available Fields to open more options. Select the Field and Comparison you wish to use and enter the Value in the bottom. This will allow you to narrow down your records to a particular type. eg Suburb, Clinic, Specialty.
Once you are happy with the details in the Query Editor box, select Query and Genie will present you with a list of results that match that search.
You will then simply need to select the Printer icon and follow Step 3 onward in Exporting the whole Address Book above.
At Genie Solutions, we’re committed to handling personal data appropriately and responsibly.
Therefore, we have made the decision to remove the Web Address Book function from Genie as of version 9.0.6. This has been done to restrict the dissemination of data that may not have been appropriately authorised for distribution by the specific individual. As 9.0.6 has now been available for some time, the decision has been made to decommission the legacy system to ensure this is consistent across all versions of Genie.
However, we also understand what a valuable feature this has been for our users, so we don’t plan to leave you in the lurch. Our development team is currently investigating alternate solutions to provide an even better user experience for all our customers. However as this is in the early stages of redevelopment, we are unable to provide an ETA for this functionality to be returned.
If you have any further questions regarding the above please do not hesitate to contact Genie Support
To tell Genie whether you wish to use a first name or formal name in letters, you will need to allocate this in the doctor's address book record. To do this, navigate to Open > Address Book and search for your record. Double-click to open it and then select the appropriate First Name or Formal option.
If you think somebody else would appreciate reading this article feel free to email them a link.