The below article briefly answers the most frequently asked questions our Support Team receives regarding ECLIPSE in Genie.
Before you begin
For general enquiries about ECLIPSE in Genie, please refer to the ECLIPSE section of our Knowledgebase.
If you can't find an answer to your question below or on the Knowledgebase, please contact Genie Support who would be happy to assist.
It is not possible to cancel an ECLIPSE claim through Genie, no matter how quickly you realise your mistake. You will need to cancel it directly with either Medicare or the health fund.
You can check the status of your IMC Claim to determine who to contact to cancel the incorrect claim. To check the status of the IMC Claim, follow the below steps.
- Navigate to File > Maintenance and Reports > Daily tab.
- Click on ECLIPSE IMC Transmission to open the IMC Claims Control window.
- Highlight the claim in the list.
- Click Get Report Status.
If the process status is ‘MEDICARE_ASSESSING’, call Medicare to cancel the claim.
If the process status is ‘HEALTH_FUND_ASSESSING’, call the fund as Medicare has already forwarded the claim to them.
Depending on the advice from Medicare or the fund, you will need to either delete the claim now or wait until the claim is rejected. Alternatively, if they were able to edit the claim details on their servers, you may be advised to just edit the invoice in Genie without resubmitting.
For more information on incorrect ECLIPSE claims, please refer to our Cancelling an ECLIPSE Claim article.
The below information outlines the instructions for setup and transmitting claims for practices that do not have a Medicare Purchaser Provider Agreement (MPAA)
No Gap claims for AHM and Medibank Private need to be submitted as a Scheme (Known Gap) claim without a gap added.
1. Open the IMC Invoice Wizard via Billing > IMC Invoice Wizard;
2. Scheme (Known Gap) should be selected by default;
3. Select the Site of Service;
4. Tick Financial Interest Disclosed;
5. Click Next to proceed to the voucher window;
6. Informed Financial Consent on a Known Gap Claim must be Written or Not Obtained;
7. In the voucher window make sure Charge Gap is unticked;
Note: In previous versions, this checkbox was labelled Auto Charge Maximum Gap.
8. Click the blue plus button to add items;
9. Type in the Item Number and press the Tab key on your keyboard;
10. The fee will default to the private fee. Click the word Fund Rebate to override this with the correct No Gap Fee;
11. Save and enter all other items in the same manner;
12. Upon saving the voucher, if prompted to add an assist fee, action this as normal;
13. Add on any other vouchers and items using the same method as above;
14. Once complete, click Next to proceed past the voucher window;
15. In the Make Any Payments window confirm that the 'Patient to Pay' amount is $0.00. If not, go back and fix the fees;
16. If everything looks correct, click Next to proceed past the Make Any Payments window;
17. Transmit the claim as normal.
It is best to think of ECLIPSE Claims as emails that have been sent to the Health Fund. Deleting the claim is like deleting the "Sent" email. This does not stop the email from having been sent, just the copy kept by the sender.
As such, the Force Delete should be used lightly and only when a claim has been dealt with completely outside of Genie, and you now simply need to move the record from the ECLIPSE window.
It is not possible to recover a deleted claim or the Exceptions or Remittance that was linked to it. If you have deleted the claim from your ECLIPSE window, you will need to contact the fund directly to confirm if the claim has been accepted and what has been paid. You will then need to manually receipt the payment against the invoice.
For information on receipting options, please refer to our article on Receipting.
Re-sending a whole claim
If no payment was received for the claim, it will need to be deleted as there is nothing to receipt, corrected and then re-sent.
Highlight the claim in the list in the ECLIPSE Claims Control window and click Delete Claim, then accept the prompt. Genie will ask what you would like to do with the invoice – you will need to select to Keep it.
You then need to address the exception.
If you were able to fix the exception, you can resend it by highlighting the invoice in the patient's Account History, then highlighting all items on the right (click on the first item, then press Ctrl/Cmd + A to highlight them all). Click Resend IMC Exceptions, enter the appropriate information in the window that opens, and click OK.
If you've had an ECLIPSE claim come back with exceptions, you will need to deal with these before receipting any paid items, and then send off the exceptions again. For more detailed information on correcting exceptions, please review our How to Deal with ECLIPSE Exceptions article.
Occasionally you may find that claims get stuck in the Awaiting Remittance Advice window longer than their 30 day turn around period. If Get Remittance Advices has not moved the claims to another relevant status:
- Check whether the claim has a Paid value. If the Paid value is filled in, then the Remittance Advice has been successfully retrieved but there is something else preventing the claim moving to Ready to Receipt. Often, this is because Claimed and Paid don’t match. If that’s the case, click View Processing Report and balance the items.
- Hold down Alt/ Option + click on Get Remittance Advices. Set the From and To dates initially to cover the claim period (claim date + 30 days) and check both Ready and Reported. Repeat process until you reach the today’s date.
It is not possible to print the Remittance Advice from the IMC Claims Control window. If you require a copy of the remittance advice, please contact the relevant fund directly.
If you are searching for a claim in the ECLIPSE window, but are having some trouble finding it, there is a function in the ECLIPSE module that will allow you to search by ID number. To do this navigate to File> Maintenance and Reports > Daily and select the ECLIPSE IMC Transmission option.
In the Claim Status drop-down select Search by Claim ID.
Type in the Claim ID in the search box and click OK. Genie will bring up any claims it can find with that ID.
Create your invoice as normal through Billing > IMC Invoice Wizard. In the final window you will be asked if you wish to send the claim Now (Real-Time) or Later (Batch).
Select Later and Store.
When you are ready to transmit this claim, navigate to File > Maintenance and Reports > Daily and select ECLIPSE IMC Transmission.
Select Stored from the Claim Status drop-down and Genie will show you all claims waiting to be transmitted.
Select your claim that you wish to send and click the Transmit button at the top of the window.
The Resend IMC Exceptions button in the Account History is primarily for the purpose of sending claims again, once issues raised in the Exceptions to Review have been corrected. This button is not for sending an initial claim. All initial claims must be created through the IMC Invoice Wizard and transmitted in this way.
Occasionally you will receive claims back from the health fund with exceptions relating to different paid and claimed amounts. If the paid and claimed are similar (only a few dollars and/or cents different) and you are happy to accept this amount rather than what was claimed, simply Review Exceptions, highlight the item and click Update Item. This will change the claimed amount to match the paid.
If you received less than you claimed and do not want to accept the paid amount, you will need to apply to the health fund for a top up. This will need to be organised directly with the health fund and cannot be done through Genie. Before sending your claim off to the health fund again, you may wish to accept the amount that has been paid by choosing to Update Item. You can then open the invoice in the patient's Account History and update the fees to what was originally charged. This way, your invoice will show the remaining amount that the fund has not yet paid.
Genie has a maximum of 14 items per voucher in the ECLIPSE invoicing window. However, this doesn't mean that you can't add more items to the invoice. To add more items you will simply need to add an additional voucher by selecting Save after you have added your first 14 items. You will then be presented with a window named Step 2: Create the Voucher. Select the blue plus icon and you will receive a new voucher window where you can additional items as normal.
If you think somebody else would appreciate reading this article feel free to email them a link.