My Health Record functionality within Genie requires a NASH certificate to be imported into Genie for the functionality to work. Generally, these certificates are valid for a five-year period and need to be updated at the end of this period.
Previously, you would obtain this certificate from the Australian Digital Health Agency (ADHA) on a disk, however, they have recently started supplying the certificates via the Provider Digital Access (PRODA) website.
The PRODA website can be a little confusing to navigate so this guide will give you step by step instructions on how to get where you need to go to download the certificate and update it within Genie once you have obtained it.
Before you begin
You will need to have your username and password handy to login to the PRODA website, and have access to the email account registered to that username.
To download your certificates, follow the instructions below.
- Log in to the PRODA website via this link - https://proda.humanservices.gov.au/.
- A verification code will be emailed through to complete the login.
- Navigate to Service > My Programs > Healthcare Identifiers.
- Select the applicable organisation. Typically there will only be one listed.
- Select My Organisation Details, then navigate to the Certificates tab.
From the Certificates tab, NASH certificates can be requested, revoked and downloaded. Once requested, they are available for download for 30 days. You should then be provided a passphrase via SMS message or email.
As PRODA is an external website outside of Genie, please contact the NASH Medicare Team on 1300 721 780 should you run into any issues in downloading your certificates.
Once you have obtained the certificate from PRODA, you will then need to import this into Genie. To do this, please follow the below steps.
- Navigate to File > Maintenance & Reports > Administrator.
- Click on the HIC Online PSI Store button, then double-click on your GEN number to open the PSI Store.
- Within the PSI Store window, select Import P12 File.
- Select Browse in the Import window, then browse to the location of the downloaded certificate and open it.
- Enter the passphrase in the field provided and select OK.
- Once you are back in the PSI Store window, click Save.
- Navigate to File > Practice Preferences.
- Double click the clinic name under which you use My Health Record.
- Select the Clinical tab in the window that appears.
- Open the Certificate Used menu and select the certificate you just added. If you are unsure which certificate is the new one, you may need to remove any old or expiring ones by following the steps in the next section of this article.
- Click Save once this is selected.
The certificate should now be updated and selected in Genie, and My Health Record functionality will be ready for use.
If this is the first time you are uploading your My Health Record Certificates into Genie, please see our Configuring My Health Record article for further set up preferences and requirements.
If you have just imported your first NASH certificate, this step will not apply to you as there will be no expired certificates to delete.
If you do have expired or expiring certificates to delete, we recommend uploading your HIC Online log files to Genie Solutions to ensure you have a backup of your PSI Store.
Uploading your HIC Online Log Files
In Genie v9.0.6 and above
- Navigate to File > Maintenance & Reports > Administrator and select Upload HIC Online Log Files. This will upload the log files directly to us at Genie to keep on your record as a backup or reference.
In Genie v9.0.5 and below
Firstly, you will need to generate a System Report prior to manually obtaining the HIC Online Log Files.
- To generate the System Report, navigate to File > Maintenance & Reports and go to the Administrator tab.
- Select Check HIC Online Installation to open the System_Report.txt.
- Once generated, please close the window and navigate to Help > About Genie (Windows) or Genie Client > About Genie (Mac).
- While holding down the Alt/Option key on your keyboard, click on the printer icon in this window.
- Double-click on the highlighted Client/Solo_XXX folder and locate the HICOnline sub-folder.
- To send this folder to Genie, the folder must first be compressed. To do this, right-click on the HICOnline folder and select Send To > Compressed (zipped) folder for Windows or Compress for Mac.
- Once the HICOnline folder has been compressed, move it to your Desktop and attach this in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deleting the certificates
Once your logs have been uploaded to Genie, you can then go ahead and delete the expired/expiring certificates.
- Navigate to File > Maintenance & Reports > Administrator tab.
- Select HIC Online PSI Store.
- Double-click on your GEN number and select Certificate Details.
- Locate the NASH certificate in the Others tab - it should be highlighted in pink or yellow if it's expired or expiring.
- Highlight the certificate and select the Delete button.
- Accept the deletion prompt and select Close within the Certificate Manager window.