This article provides basic instructions on how to create and send Agreement (No Gap) Claims through ECLIPSE. The standard Genie invoicing method is not used when creating Inpatient Medical Claims (IMC).
If you do not have the ECLIPSE module and are interested in sending electronic inpatient medical claims, please follow this link to see if ECLIPSE is right for your practice.
Before you begin
In order for you to successfully send claims through ECLIPSE, you must first install HIC Online. Health Funds must also be correctly configured in Genie, and you must ensure your provider(s) are set up to claim. Please see our corresponding articles for further information on these prerequisites.
- With the patient highlighted in the Appointment Book or Patient List, navigate to Billing > IMC Invoice Wizard (Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + I). This window can also be accessed by right-clicking on the patient's name and selecting IMC Invoice Wizard;
- Select Claim Type as Agreement (No Gap);
- Select other information as per the red text at the bottom of the window;
- Click Next.
- Click Add Item icon to add a voucher;
- Select Provider, Referring Doctor, Informed Financial Consent etc. as appropriate. Informed Financial Consent must be 'Verbal', 'Written', or 'Not Obtained' if creating an Agreement claim;
- Click the Add Item icon;
- Enter the item number and press Tab on your keyboard;
- Enter any relevant item information;
- Click Save;
- Add any other items using the Add Item icon;
- Click Save to the voucher window;
- Add an assistant fee when prompted (if needed);
- Click Next.
- Select Now (Real-Time) or Later (Batch);
- Enter sender contact details if you wish;
- Click Transmit for Real-Time or Store for Batched;
- Select to either Print or Don't Print the invoice.
If you think somebody else would appreciate reading this article feel free to email them a link.