From time to time you may perform services for patients who are not Australian and therefore don't have a Medicare card. The following article shows you how to invoice for these patients in a quick and easy manner.
Before you begin
Before you begin to invoice for your patient, you will need to ensure you have all the relevant details including who is paying their account.
You will also require the contact details for OSHC Allianz.
Navigate to File> Practice Preferences, double-click on the relevant practice name and in the Practice Details tab tick the Print Overseas Student Claim Forms checkbox
In the If field 'Fee Type' is equal to field, type 'OS'. In the OSHC Provider Code field, type the provider code which OSHC Allianz have provided to you. Repeat this process with any other relevant practices in the Practice Preferences window.
The Fee Type field acts as a trigger when invoicing, telling Genie that this patient is an overseas student. In conjunction with the other conditions for overseas student invoicing, this field ensure that Genie will set the correct account holder when an invoice is generated for this patient.
Account Holder Record:
To create a new Account Holder record for OSHC Allianz, navigate to Open> Account Holders and click Cancel in the Search Account Holder window. Select Add Record and type 'OSHC Allianz' in the Company field. Note: The name must be exactly OSHC Allianz
Tick the Batch Process Invoices checkbox and Save.
If you are billing to Medibank Private for the patient, then you will need to have an Account Holder set up for the fund. If you don't already have one, create a new account holder record for Medibank Private. Note: The name must be exactly Medibank Private
Tick the Batch Process Invoices checkbox if you would like these invoices to be batched.
Create a new health fund for OSHC Allianz by going to Open> Billing Items, clicking on the Health Fund button and clicking the Add button. Again, the health fund name must be exactly 'OSHC Allianz'. Link this to the account holder record by clicking on the Find Record button, typing 'OSHC Allianz' and clicking OK.
Once OSHC Allianz has been selected as the patient's health fund, when you click on the Secondary tab in the demographic window, their Fee Type will automatically be marked as OS, or the code which you have specified in Practice Preferences.
If their selected health fund is Medibank Private, you must manually enter OS into the Fee Type field
When you create an invoice for a patient, the invoice will be automatically assigned to OSHC Allianz if in their demographic window:
- The Fee Type field contains 'OS'
- The Health Fund is OSHC Allianz, and
- The Account Type is anything except Bulk Bill or Veterans Affairs
Add items to the invoice as usual and then click the Print button. A window will appear asking if you would like to print this account now or store it to print as a batch: click the Print and Store button. Another window will appear asking if you would like to print a Private or OSHC Allianz invoice: click the OSHC Allianz button. This will print out the OSHC Allianz claim form so that it can be signed by the patient
These invoices are then emailed to OSHC Allianz from the manual batching window
When you create an invoice for a patient who has the Fee Type OS and a private fund of Medibank Private button in the invoice window
Add items to the invoice as usual and then click the Print button. A window will appear asking if you would like to print a Private or Medibank Private invoice: click the Medibank Private button. This will print out the Medibank Private claim form so that it can be signed by the patient. You can then send these claim forms to Medibank Private individually or as a batch.
OSHC Allianz required that claims be sent via email to be processed. You can do this using Email module within Genie.
To create a batch for these claims:
1. Go to File> Maintenance & Reports
2. Click on the Daily tab
3. Click on the Manual Batching icon
4. Click on the New Batch button
5. Click on the Other radio button and select OSHC Allianz from the displayed list
6. Select the relevant provider
7. Type the relevant number into the Enter Batch No. field
8. Press the Tab key on your keyboard to assign the batch number to the displayed items
9. Click the Email to OSHC button that now appears
10. The first time you do this you will be asked to create an email address record for OSHC Allianz. Enter in the relevant details as supplied by OSHC Allianz. For subsequent batches, you will be asked to confirm that this is still the correct email address. To edit these details, go to Open > Email, click on the Address Book icon, double-click the relevant contact, edit the details and click Save.
11. A window will appear asking if you would like to print this batch: Click OK if you would like a physical copy of the batch.
12. Genie will then open the email to OSHC Allianz with a file attached containing the claim data. This claim data file is created and stored in a folder named 'Worldcare Batches' in the Genie folder on your client computer. The file is created in .csv format and the naming conventions of this file are 'your provider code_the batch number' (e.g. UMHS_WA1001.csv). This allows you to access the claim data should you need to view or resend the information. You can delete these files when you no longer require them. However, do not delete them until after you have sent the email to OSHC Allianz, otherwise it will arrive without the file attached.
13. Once you have completed the email, click Send Now. The batch will now appear in the Manual Batching window.
Batches can be receipted by clicking on the Receipt button in the Manual Batching window.
To batch Medibank Private overseas students accounts, see Manual Batching.