Genie has made life for you and your transcription services so much easier with the Transcription Export function. This process will allow you to export basic patient information relating to appointments within a set date range. This information can then be used by transcription services such as: Global Transcription Services, NTS Transcription, OzeScribe, Syberscribe Pacific Solutions, Medical Transcription Plus, AnsellMT, Professional Transcription Solutions and BDT.
Before you begin
If you don't currently use a transcription service, but you would like to, please contact your service of choice to set this up. Genie is not able to configure this for you.
- Navigate to Appts> Transcription Export which will present the below window:
- Select the appropriate transcription service from the drop down menu
- Set your Date Range. This will default to the previous fortnight.
- Select the Provider you would like to export the information for. You can leave this as All or select an individual provider.
- When you are happy with your export settings, select Export.
You can choose to automate this process by selecting the Automate button. This will present you with the below window:
- Tick Automatically Export Records
- You will then need to select which computer you want these details to export from and the time at which you would like the export to occur. Please note that like many other automated features in Genie, you will need to ensure that this computer is turned on and running Genie at the time the export is set to.
- If you wish to exclude any days from your automated export, simply deselect them in this window.
- When you are happy with your export settings click OK.
The export process will produce two files: ‘Patient.txt’ and ‘Associates.txt’ to a folder in your Genie folder. The export folder will be named ‘OzescribeOut’ or ‘SyberscribeOut’ etc depending on the transcription service you have selected. As both are .txt files, you can open these and view the information within them.
- You can check the last time the export was performed by looking at the date stamp on the files within the export folder in the Genie folder, or by looking at the Last Export date in the Automate Export window in Genie.
- The files will not automatically delete once they have been uploaded to the relevant transcription service. The files will be automatically overwritten each time you perform the export.
- The same process applies for BDT Export (Appts > BDT Export) but you must highlight the patients required for the export on a daily basis.
If you think somebody else would appreciate reading this article feel free to email them a link.