A DAN (Defence Alumni Network) number and PMKeyS (Personnel Management Key Solutions) are unique numbers issued and used by the Australian Defence Force to identify patients in addition to their DVA numbers. Often when invoicing for a veteran, you may find that the organisation you are sending the invoice to requires the DAN and/or PMKeyS to be printed on the invoice to be eligible for payment. There are currently no fields available for these numbers within Genie, however this guide will offer you a few workarounds that may help you out.
Before you begin
It may seem obvious but before you can enter this information anywhere, you will need to know what the numbers are. This isn’t information that Genie Solutions can provide. Generally speaking, the patient themselves will have these numbers.
1. Demographics Windows Memo Field - See item 1 on Example 1
The numbers can be added to the Memo section of the patients Demographics window and then copy and pasted onto an invoice on a case by case basis– either in the Notes field of the Add Item to Invoice window or as a non-default invoice memo.
2. Health Fund Membership Details - See item 2 on Example 1
- Add ‘Garrison Health Service’ as a Health Fund (as a general rule, this fund will have been configured at install for the purpose of downloading fee schedules, etc.)
- Select this fund for the relevant ADF patients within their Demographics window.
- Add the DAN and PMKeyS numbers into the Membership Number field which will then allow the numbers to print on each invoice automatically. Please note that the DAN and PMKeyS will print on all invoices other than Bulk Bill/DVA vouchers.
3. Added as a Current Problem
- The numbers can be added as a Current Problem in the Clinical Window as per Example 2.
- Once this detail has been added, it can be linked to the Notes section of the Add Item to Invoice window when invoicing by using the paperclip icon beside the Notes field as per Example 3
The below example displays where the DAN and PM KeyS details will be shown on the invoice, depending on the method you have chosen.
- Notes field of Add Items to Invoice window using either paperclip or copy and paste
- Health Fund Membership Details
- Non-default Invoice Memo
If you think somebody else would appreciate reading this article feel free to email them a link.