In addition to a DVA number, the Australian Defence Force may issue a DAN (Defence Alumni Network) number and/or PMKeyS (Personnel Management Key Solutions) to identify a patient. When invoicing for a veteran, you may find that the organisation you are sending the invoice to requires the DAN and/or PMKeyS to be printed on the invoice to be eligible for payment. You may also be required to include this information on Pathology requests. As there are currently no specific fields available for these numbers within Genie, this guide will offer you a few workarounds that may help you out.
Before you begin
It may seem obvious but before you can enter this information anywhere, you will need to know what the numbers are. This isn’t information that Genie Solutions can provide. Generally speaking, the patient themselves will have these numbers.
Option 1. Demographics Windows Memo Field - See item 1 on Example 1
The numbers can be added to the Memo section of the patients Demographics window and then copy and pasted onto an invoice on a case by case basis – either in the Notes field of the Add Item to Invoice window or as a non-default invoice memo.
- Add 'Garrison Health Service' as a Health Fund (as a general rule, this fund should be configured at install for the purpose of downloading fee schedules, etc.)
- Select this fund for the relevant ADF Health Service patients within their Demographics window.
- Add the DAN and PMKeyS numbers into the Membership Number field which will then allow the numbers to print on each invoice automatically. Please note that the DAN and PMKeyS will print on all invoices other than Bulk Bill/DVA vouchers.
- The numbers can be added as a Current Problem in the Clinical Window as per Example 2 below.
- Once this detail has been added, it can be linked to the Notes section of the Add Item to Invoice window when invoicing by using the paperclip icon beside the Notes field as per Example 3.
- If you are using this option to add this information to a Pathology request, please see the Pathology section below.
The below example displays where the DAN and PM KeyS details will be shown on the invoice, depending on the method you have chosen.
- Notes field of Add Items to Invoice window using either paperclip or copy and paste
- Health Fund Membership Details
- Non-default Invoice Memo
To add a DAN/PMKeyS to a Pathology request you will need to ensure that the details are entered into either the Health Fund Membership Details or Current Problems of the patient clinical record, as per the Areas to Enter DAN/PMKeyS section.
Health Fund Membership Details
If you have entered the DAN/PMKeys details into the Health Fund Membership section of the Patient Demographics then they should automatically generate on the Pathology Request with the Private Fund name.
If you choose to enter the details into the Current Problems of the patients Clinical Record, they can then be selected from the Reason drop down in the pathology request window.