Keeping track of your procedure complications has been made easy using Genie’s Procedure Audit Report. These reports can be used to compare infection rates or gain data on other complications recorded during procedures.
Before you begin
- It is important to note that information that appears in the Audit Report will only show when it is recorded in the appropriate space of the Op Notes tab in the Procedure Window as below:
- The appropriate space to record infections and complications is in the tick boxes in the bottom left corner, or the Other Complications box on the right hand side.
- From any window in Genie select Open> Procedures. This will present you with a full list of all procedures that have already been completed, or are coming up. These procedures can be sorted by All or you can select a specific provider by marking the Select radio button and choosing your doctor from the drop down.
- The Procedures window also gives you the opportunity to search for procedures by complication. Selecting the Find Complications button will present you with the following window:
- To audit your procedures, select the Audit Report button at the top of the Procedures window. You will then be presented with the below window:
- This window gives you the chance to search by provider, select date range, procedure and hospitals. You can also limit the complications included in the report by ticking and un-ticking the options in the box on the left.
- As well as reporting on the listed items, the audit will also report on any user-added complications. All complications are pulled from the Op Notes section of the patient’s procedure.
- When you are ready to print your report, select OK. You will then receive a report that looks like the below:
If you think somebody else would appreciate reading this article feel free to email them a link.