Genie has made keeping your software and processes up to date easier by putting all your automated downloads into the one place. The Software Updates window can be used to update your Genie, install new Fee Schedules, and download WorkCover Certificates. This window also saves you time by allowing you to download Checklist, Form and Letter templates created by the Genie team and fellow Genie users.
Before you begin
- If you’re ever unsure about what you’re downloading, or you’re not sure which download is best for you, please contact our Genie Support Team before proceeding.
- You are not required to download every available option within the Software updates window. Some of these available downloads will not apply to your site and downloading them will simply take up space in your datafile. The Miscellaneous, Fee Schedules, PDFs and WorkCover Certificates tabs all show a Description box at the bottom. Each time you click on an item to download, Genie will display a small blurb about the item to give you a better idea of what the install would be for. This may help you identify if it is the correct download for your practice.
- If you’re receiving an error when opening the Software Updates window, or it’s not showing any options to download, please ensure that Web Server URL at the top reads as such: https://www.geniesolutions.com.au/4DSOAP/ . If your Web Server URL is correct but you’re still receiving an error or are unable to download anything, please contact our Support team.
- The Software Updates window can be found in the Special menu at the top of the screen.
- To download or install an item from the Software Updates window, simply put a tick in the box to the left of the option and select Install in the bottom right corner. Please be mindful of the prompts that appear after this, and ensure you select the best option for your site.
- Once you have completed your download, quit Genie Client/ Solo on your workstation and restart the application. This helps Genie to apply the details of your download.
- If you’re not sure if you’ve already downloaded an item, you can confirm by looking in the Done column on the far right. If there’s a tick, you’ve already attempted a download before. If you’ve completed a download but you’re not sure that it has worked, please contact Genie Support to look into this for you.
- When installing your items, please be mindful of the Versions and Upload dates. The dates listed in the Uploaded column are the day that the items were uploaded to the Software Updates page, not the day they were installed on your Genie.
- The Miscellaneous tab is a mix of software updates and installations that don’t quite fit into a single category. This section includes options such as Genie Updaters if you’re wanting to use the automated option to update Genie, HIC online installer, MIMS Prescribing Data, NPS Files, ICD10-AM and ICPC2 Plus codes amongst many others.
- Fee Schedules is where you will find the fee schedules for MBS, DVA and most health funds. When a fund releases a new fee schedule, they send a copy of this to Genie. Once we’ve tested that this works correctly within our system we will upload this for our customers to download.
- AMA Fee Schedules are never available to download directly through Genie and are only accessible by AMA members. If you’re looking to update your AMA Fee Schedule, please navigate to the Updating Fee Schedules article for instructions.
- If you’re looking for a quick How To guide, the PDFs tab houses some great, quick instructions for different areas of Genie. These guides can be great for new users and handy to keep around the practice. These guides include Clinical Basics, Deposits, Billing Errors, End of Day/ Month Tasks, Network Errors and Quoting amongst many others.
- If you can’t find what you’re looking for in the PDFs try our Knowledgebase, Genie Manual or ECLIPSE Manual.
If you’re adding in WorkCover claims to patient records, you can also add in the appropriate WorkCover Certificate for your state. All of these certificates can be downloaded from the WorkCover Certificates tab. All certificates are provided by WorkCover for Genie customers to download.
- Checklists and forms once created, can be uploaded by Genie users for other users to download. These are available from the Checklists and Forms tabs within the Software Updates window. Once downloaded, these will become available in your Checklist Templates list and the Forms templates in your Merged Letters window.
- The letters tab includes multiple templates for GP Management Plans as well as referral letter templates specific to certain organisations. Once downloaded, these GP Management Plans and letters will appear as available templates if your referral reply window.