If you sell products in your practice as well as providing services, then the Genie Stock Module may be for you. The Stock Module is a comprehensive inventory tracking and reporting system. It links directly to invoicing within Genie and provides up-to-date stock levels and low stock warnings. A waiting list prompts you to contact clients once stock becomes available and a comprehensive Stock Report and Stock Audit feature allows the Genie Administrator to oversee stock usage.
Before you begin
- If you do not currently have the Genie Stock Module as part of your Genie package, please contact our Sales team for more information.
- If you have the Genie Stock Module already, you will need to ensure that all relevant users have access to this area of Genie. To do this, the Administrator will need to change these preferences by going into File > Edit Groups.
- In the Financial Tab, tick the appropriate options under the Stock Module heading for the required users/groups.
|Manage Stocked Items||Allows the user to add/remove items to/from the stock control area.|
|Add/Remove Stock||Allows the user to add/subtract quantities of stocked items.|
|Alert When Stock Below Threshold||Users with this preference ticked will receive a task and be prompted at their next log in when any stocked item falls below its nominated warn threshold.|
- To create an inventory of stock to manage you will need to create custom billing items through the Billing Items list. To create a new custom item, navigate to Open > Billing Items and click on the icon.
- This window will allow you to create a quick item number, including description, fee and GST. Most importantly you will need to ensure the “Manage Stock” check box is ticked for the item. By ticking this it will enable this item to be registered as a stock item and appear in your Stock Module window.
- To add the supplier(s) for your stock items, simply add an address book record.
- Go into Open > Address Book, cancel the search window, and click on the icon to add a record.
- In this window, add your primary contact's details in the naming fields and add the business name in the Clinic field. All contact information can be added in the usual contact fields, and any notes regarding stock items or your relationship to this supplier can be added in the Notes field. Once you have entered these details, click on the Save button to save your new supplier.
- To open the Stock Module, navigate to Open > Stock Control. The first time you open this window you will notice all of your stock items highlighted in red. The reason for this is that by default all your items will have zero as the quantity and ten as the warning threshold.
- Double click on an item to bring up the Edit Item window.
- Within this window, you can select the icon to search the address book for your supplier and link them up to the stock item.
- To add stock, double-click on a stock item to open the Edit Item window, then click on the Add Stock button at the bottom.
- In this window, specify the quantity you would like to add and the wholesale cost.
- Usually, your reason for adding the stock will be that it is the new stock. Additional reasons for adding stock (e.g 'Found stock') can be added by clicking on the Reason drop-down and selecting Add. Once you confirm your new reason, it will be available for selection in the Reason drop-down menu for future stock additions.
- Once you have entered these details, click on OK to finalise the record. Finalising the record will return you to the previous window with your selected stocked item's details.
If you think somebody else would appreciate reading this article feel free to email them a link.