Claiming electronically for your services ensures that your providers are paid as quickly as possible. Genie v9.4.6 and above will connect your practice to Medicare Web Services, allowing you to easily and securely claim bulk bill and Department of Veteran's Affairs invoices online.
Before you begin
You will need to be running Genie v9.4.6 or above to claim electronically and connect your practice with Medicare Web Services.*
* Previous versions of Genie were compatible with the HIC Online adapter.
Any new providers (including new sites of service) will need to be linked to your Minor ID (GEN number) with Medicare (1800 700 199 or firstname.lastname@example.org) before you start transmitting claims.
- Navigate to File > Maintenance and Reports > Daily > Bulk Bill / DVA Transmission to open the Medicare Claims Control window.
- Click the New Transmission button in the top-left.
- Choose the relevant provider and provider number in the top-right of the New Transmission window.
If a provider works at multiple locations, claims at each site of service will need to be transmitted one batch at a time.
- Select the appropriate radio buttons between:
To remove any specific items from the current list, you can highlight services in the list and utilise the Remove Highlight / Keep Highlighted buttons.
Any items removed from the current transmission will appear again in the New Transmission window once you have sent the current batch.
- Click Create Transmission, then Transmit.
Once the claim has been transmitted it will sit in the Awaiting Reports section. From there, Medicare will assess the claim and you can then retrieve payment reports, deal with any exceptions and receipt.