Invoice Memos are a great way to add extra information into patient invoices. Genie gives you the ability to create templates for these memos so you can quickly and easily add information for your patients. You may want to use these to remind your patients of what they need to bring to their next appointment, if their referral has expired or your cancellation policy amongst other things.
Before you begin
Be mindful when creating your Invoice Memos that your Default Invoice Memo will apply to every invoice unless another template is selected. As such, we recommend that you leave the default template blank, unless there is a message you would like to show on every patient invoice.
To start creating your Invoice Memo templates, navigate to File > Practice Preferences. Double click on your practice name and you will be presented with the preferences for this clinic. Open the Miscellaneous tab and on the right hand side of the window you will find the settings for your practice that relate to your invoicing.
Select the Invoice Memos drop down and select Add for a new template. You will be presented with the following window:
From here, you can give your Invoice Memo a title and add in the text you would like to be included on your invoices. When you are happy with your memo select Save and then Save out of your Practice Preferences.
The next time you go to invoice a patient, you will be able to select your Invoice Memo from the drop down in the bottom left corner of your Invoice window
You can make changes to the Invoice Memo by going to File > Practice Preferences, selecting your practice and then going to the Miscellaneous tab. Simply select the Invoice Memo you would like to edit, and make the appropriate changes.
You can also change the Invoice Memo from within the Invoice screen after selecting the appropriate memo from the drop down. Any changes that you make to the Invoice Memo within the invoice window, will be made to the Invoice Memo Template. For example, if you personalised your Referral Expiry memo for the patient at the time of invoicing, the next time you selected this memo for another patient it would show the changes you made for your previous patient.
Genie gives you the option to add in your Facility IDs using the Invoice Memo function. To add in an Invoice Memo, please follow the below steps:
- Go to File > Practice Preferences and select your practice. At the bottom right corner of the Miscellaneous tab you will see a drop down option for Invoice Memos.
- Open the drop down menu and select Add. You will be presented with the following window:
- In this Invoice Memo window, you can enter the name of your new template and the details to include. Make sure to enter the Practice Site and Facility ID into the memo section.
- You will need to repeat this for each service site your doctors practice at.
- Once you have your Invoice Memos set up you will need to add them into your invoice at the time of invoicing. To do this, simply open your new invoice window and select the Invoice Memo drop down from the bottom left corner. You can then select the invoice memo you would like to include.
If you think somebody else would appreciate reading this article feel free to email them a link.