While Genie has a great range of built-in labels, you may find that you need a special label just for you. Genie’s standard Merged Letters function can help you to achieve your dream label and make you the envy of all your colleagues.
Before you begin
Before you start your DIY label, you may wish to check that the labels Genie already offers won’t give you the information you need. To see what the built-in labels offer, please refer to the Troubleshooting Labels article.
We would also recommend creating a new category called Labels to store your new creations in. To do this, select any patient and then choose the Merged Letter icon. Select on the right hand side. Enter your chosen category name and click .
- When you are ready to start your customised label, highlight your patient name in either the Appointment Book or Patient List and select the Merged Letter icon.
- In the next window, click the Merged Letter button on the right to create a new merged letter template.
- Using the small File menu directly above the letter body select Page Setup. Within this window edit the paper size to suit the size of the label your practice is printing, then click
- Once you have set the size of your page you can use the Fields and Expressions tabs at the left of the page to customise your label template. Depending on the details you would like to include, you may want to use any of the following: [Patient] FullName, DOB, MobileNumber, AddressLine1, AddressLine2, Suburb, HealthFundName [Appt] StartDate, StartTime, ProviderName.
- From the Category menu at the top of the screen, select your 'Labels' option that you created earlier. Give your template a title and select the save icon in the very top left corner to save the template. When you need to print the label, ensure that the label printer is selected.