If you are a procedural specialist the likelihood of you regularly having an anaesthetist working alongside you is extremely high. Most hospitals will want to have these details recorded on your theatre list and operation notes so it's important that you know how to achieve this within Genie.
Before you begin
It may seem obvious but in order to add an anaesthetist to your database you will need to know their details. If you haven't already you should note down the required information including the doctor's name, provider number, phone, and email. Once you've got those details you will be good to go.
Creating an anaesthetist Address Book record
To create an anaesthetist record you will need to firstly create an Address Book record. Once they have been created it's a simple selection from the Specialty drop down menu to ensure they are then available for selection within a procedure record. Follow the instructions below to create an Address Book record.
1. Navigate to Open > Address Book
2. Cancel the Search window which appears.
3. Select the blue plusicon to add a new entry to the Address Book.
4. Input the relevant details for the anaesthetist.
5. In the Specialty drop down ensure the Specialty is set to Anaesthetist.
6. Save the record.