You may be aware that we have previously issued advice around upgrading your operating systems to the most recent Apple release - macOS Mojave. We have performed further testing on our most recent release of Genie - version 9.1.1 and whilst there are still known issues with running Genie under Mojave, you may not be affected. The known issues are detailed below:
1. You will receive a "Not optimised" message when you start Genie for the first time. This is because Genie is currently compiled as a 32bit application which Apple are planning to end support for.
2. You will be unable to view the Genie Snacks Preview pane.
3. My Health Record functionality will not be viewable. This is probably the most critical issue if you regularly make use of MHR.
4. Some Custom Forms may not be visible in the Preview window in the Clinical Area. These forms can still be viewed by double clicking to launch the form.
5. Pathology and Radiology results that contain embedded html content will not preview correctly. These results will need to be viewed in an external browser.
Due to some delays with the development required to update Genie to be fully optimised for this operating system we are now expecting to have the next release of Genie available to our customers by the end of March 2019. We appreciate that this release date is later than we had originally intended and are disappointed we couldn't have a new release available for our customers earlier.
For reference, all operating systems that we currently recommend are listed in the Genie Hardware Specifications document. To ensure that you get the best possible performance out of the Genie software, you should ensure that all hardware in your practice adheres to these specifications.
As mentioned if you have any questions or concerns about the above advice, please feel free to contact Genie Support by phone on 1300 889 362, or by email via firstname.lastname@example.org.