If you are trying to locate an invoice and you have the invoice number, you can easily find this within Genie. The method you use will depend on the Genie version you are currently running.
Genie v9.3.4 and above
- Navigate to Billing > Search by Invoice Number.
- Enter the number of your invoice.
- Click OK and you will be taken to the corresponding patient's account history.
Genie v9.3.3 and below
- Navigate to Open > Patients.
- Cancel out of the search box and go to Records > Search.
- In the Query Editor window that appears, scroll down to and expand the [Sale] table.
- Highlight InvoiceNum, then choose the is equal to comparison.
- Enter your invoice number in the Value field at the bottom.
- Click Query and the patient list will now display the patient who the invoice belongs to.
- With the patient highlighted, navigate to Billing > Account History (Ctrl / Cmd + H).
- If the patient has more than one invoice, locate the invoice from the list on the left.